Window Washing

Wondering if any of you tinters also do window washing. This year I worked with a window cleaner and made some good cash money doing it. I expected the worst too with extension ladder nightmare work outside but it wasn't bad at all. Most residential jobs are new developements with expensive landscaping so it makes it nice and easy to get ladder on usually every window. Im thinking of getting into it next year for some extra money. Also alot of commercial gigs are in and out with only an extension pole and NO ladder work. Only looking to do it kind of as a side thing and only part time. Probably go crazy washing windows fulltime.

Whats great too is I know alot of different tinting companies in my area and I do work for 3-4 diff. ones. Im going to give them my cards and they can hand them out to various clients. Not a bad set up, they do all my selling basically. We all know that enevitable question you hear alot from residential customers...... " Wow my windows are nice and clean on the inside, now I just need to get them cleaned on the outside, do you know of any window cleaners? " As a matter of fact I do, here's a card. In like flin baby

:beer

SF

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

I used to do it and made good money at it when I first strated my biz but now I am too busy to mess with it. If I had an employee there is alot of things I could do but then there is the responsibility of having an employee and theres alot more along with that. I would say do it, you can make good easy money doin it and it doesnt have any overhead.

I just started. spent about 30 minutes driving through town and stopping in at random businesses. closed about 4 out of 10 on the spot for a once or twice a month window cleaning. got to do biz cheap but once you got em, you got em. I'm looking forward to it. will work hand in hand with tinting IMO and also good to have something different to do every once in a while to get out of the shop. low overhead, easy dough. with poles, no ladders needed. I'm in.

Guest FilmBlazer

Money is def in residential in my area as we have no really large buildings and residential clients are far more loyal :cool

I will occasionally do some exterior windows for a customer for cash, usually 500% more than a window washing company would charge lol

I got a commercial bid to wash our windows inside and out for $1.50 per pane (usually $2.00) per pane...

There is NO WAY IN HELL I would lock into driving somewhere once or twice a month for $12 - 20.00

Not when we could be tinting or selling tint for considerably more....

IMO- A tinter dabbling into window washing is a foolish move :rollin

I got a commercial bid to wash our windows inside and out for $1.50 per pane (usually $2.00) per pane...

There is NO WAY IN HELL I would lock into driving somewhere once or twice a month for $12 - 20.00

IMO- A tinter dabbling into window washing is a foolish move :lol2

Really? :rollin:nono:lol2 I sold my last window cleaning business for 50K. built it in my spare time. Lets see……….. in tinting we work with customers windows, cleaning glass we work with customers windows! Looks like a marriage made it heaven to me. Don’t stop randomly, pick a street and hit ever business. Build your routs like a milk man, one day one part of town one day the next. My last company was …………. Waterbrothers Window Washing..

We Wash Windows With Water Wonderfully….

Working Weekdays When Weather Willing

Determination and diversity ensures success IMO

Stan

:rollin Stan.. you crack me up.... :nono

I guess if the time and effort you put into selling window washing was put into selling tint... you would be MUCH better off...

Jacks of all trades master none....

IMO- A tinter dabbling into window washing is a foolish move :rollin

Whats wrong with dabbling into window washing..... I dont' get it..goes hand and hand with tinting,,,, Also you can get around 7 bucks per pane in my neck of the woods..... Easy sell,,, I hear wayy too many times people talking about if only their outside windows were clean after you get done tinting a house. Lastly I worked this spring with a window washer.... he paid me cash money , it was great! So therefor I would have to say you might be the foolish one......? :nono

:nono Stan.. you crack me up.... :rollin

I guess if the time and effort you put into selling window washing was put into selling tint... you would be MUCH better off...

Jacks of all trades master none....

A few more years grasshopper and you will understand secrets of old men!!! Take care neighbor and remember I have you on speed dial :lol2:lol2

Stan Just gave me an idea for my next start-up.....hmmm so whats the going rate for commercial window washing? per sqft? or per pane? Does that mean I have to join a Window Washing Dude message board to learn all the tricks of the trade? :rollin BTW Good for you stan....Not afraid to dabble in other things.

Archived