Window Washing

Guest FilmBlazer
Stan Just gave me an idea for my next start-up.....hmmm so whats the going rate for commercial window washing? per sqft? or per pane? Does that mean I have to join a Window Washing Dude message board to learn all the tricks of the trade? :beer BTW Good for you stan....Not afraid to dabble in other things.

The rate in my area is 2 cents psf lol

Just a little less than u charge for tinting.... :thumb:beer

Per square centimeter on a good day lol

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TTS you really don't get it. Drive over for 20 bucks, you simply don't know how a window cleaning business works or you are just trying to argue. You made a comment earlier in this thread about jack of all trades and master of none towards me and now numerous snide remarks to other members wanting to talk about window cleaning. Not like you. What’s up? :lol2

I guess this thread just struck a nerve with me....

Stan - I didn't mean to refer the 'jack of all trades' directly at you... it was more of a general statement.... I has said it before and will say it again... I have MUCH respect for the fine business you have built !

All too often I see the rise and fall of the one man show out there offering every service in the world and REALLY not being the best at any of them. All I witness these people do is get in, try to make a quick buck until something better comes along, and then leave their clientle high and dry when it does. In the mean time actual legit business owners who concentrate their day in and day out activities in cultivating this market waste an obscene amount of time mopping up the mess these guys make.... So when someone askes for an opinion on weather or not to get into this situation.... my cookie cutter answer is NO or PASS.

The way I see it.. If you want to build business follow the leaders.... McDonalds does burgers , Jiffy Lube does oil changes, Autozone sells auto parts.... Window tinters tint windows...

I won't nay-say anymore... I apologize for interupting the window washing conversation....

Stan - I didn't mean to refer the 'jack of all trades' directly at you... it was more of a general statement.... I has said it before and will say it again... I have MUCH respect for the fine business you have built !

All too often I see the rise and fall of the one man show out there offering every service in the world and REALLY not being the best at any of them. All I witness these people do is get in, try to make a quick buck until something better comes along, and then leave their clientle high and dry when it does. In the mean time actual legit business owners who concentrate their day in and day out activities in cultivating this market waste an obscene amount of time mopping up the mess these guys make.... So when someone askes for an opinion on weather or not to get into this situation.... my cookie cutter answer is NO or PASS.

The way I see it.. If you want to build business follow the leaders.... McDonalds does burgers , Jiffy Lube does oil changes, Autozone sells auto parts.... Window tinters tint windows...

I won't nay-say anymore... I apologize for interupting the window washing conversation....

Uuummm whatever,,,, Im not really understanding your logic but its all good, whatever. All I know is Im going to get a bunch of cards printed up for window washing and give them out to my other tinting friends and I'll be making alot more extra money...... bottom line $$$ .... to each his own, if your not into it then keep tinting.

It's all good with me, I hear nothing but good about your shop TTS. Your presence here is as valuable as any, don't go home. :thumb Lots of money WW if it is done right, setting up routes to run weekly or monthly. My best story is when I did high rise work. the young lady’s would stand at the window to see what was going on as I brought my scaffolding up the building. This worked out great when the windows were full to the floor and the air vents were there too……… There I was running a sky climber motor with one hand, running a safety slide up the emergency rope with the other hand, using both feet to walk the scaffolding up without damaging the building.................. and there they were not realizing the air was blowing their skirt out for anyone hundreds of feet off the ground like me to see. Like I didn’t have enough going on!!!! I have thought about building a business (store front!!!!!) here in the Portland area and have washers come in early pick up trucks to run routes. Use the tint shop to store equipment at night! When you give a estimate and custy says they do it themselves or they have a cleaner, just clean one window in the middle of the store front. People notice a dirty window over a clean one so it really makes your work stand out!!!

I like talking WW, can we move this thread to WW? :thumb

I do window cleaning, but only residential.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with making 300-400 bucks in a day cleaning windows rather than nothing at all, and in this economy, I have no shame in taking what work I can get. Besides, I get bored just doing window film.

My ethic is to do the best job possible in any situation even if I make a little less money at first, and my customers ooh and ahh at the work we do whether it's window film, window cleaning, or pressure washing.

JACK OF ALL TRADES, MASTER OF SOME. :thumb

Archived