Window Washing

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FilmBlazer

I have to agree with TTS to an extent. I sell and install glass coating and tinting for residential, commercial and automotive applications. I will wash a few windows here and there just as long as it doesn't/won't interfere with what my established trade is. If you are a large company with the manpower and labor to delegate to tinting/washing thats one thing. When you are a small operation of one man/two men it is difficult to diversify your operations and not neglect one or the other from time to time without the ability and willingness for expansion. :nuts

I have to agree with TTS to an extent. I sell and install glass coating and tinting for residential, commercial and automotive applications. I will wash a few windows here and there just as long as it doesn't/won't interfere with what my established trade is. If you are a large company with the manpower and labor to delegate to tinting/washing thats one thing. When you are a small operation of one man/two men it is difficult to diversify your operations and not neglect one or the other from time to time without the ability and willingness for expansion. :shock

I wish I would have said it like this the first time! :nuts

Well, that argument sounds reasonable and well thought out, but it's not.

I would call automotive COMPLETELY different from flat glass, and many cases Residential and Commercial are COMPLETELY different from one another.

How many times are you in someone's home on scaffolding installing Silver film on a curtainwall?

How many times are you using scissor lifts in a home?

So, where do you draw the line? If I tint cars, am I going to "neglect" my flat glass business? There are plenty of flat glass guys who couldn't tint a car to save their lives. what if I tint any car and not just 2006 Chevy Cobalt 2 doors? What if in addition to Tint I do Paint protection and Vinyl lettering/Signs? Am I doing all of them to substandard levels?

Point is, Doing All types of window film is a highly diversified business already so don't tell me that I'm neglecting my business or my skill level by adding other services in addition to film.

RANT OVER

Hey lets get some action going on this. It is a great money maker in this slow time. I am getting ready to build a new w/cleaning business (my 3rd or 4th,build and sell) and vid the whole process and then edit into a how to dvd set showing how to give bids build routs etc..... very relaxing work, usually the worst thing that can happen is you miss a spot!

Stan :rollin

Archived