How do you set yourself apart from your competition?

Guest bobthe titnter

We offer nvde tinting every Friday.......... Just to show how HARD things really are. and set us apart.....gotta keep it up :cool (no mobile work though)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintcity
Just curious and with times being a little tough for a lot of people I think maybe a list of ideas might be helpful! :cool

Times being a little tough? I began tinting professionally in 1978 here central Florida,"Lake County" to narrow the area down.And to be quite honest,I can not remember a summer that has even came close to being so slow. I know it is not from a result of my location,reputation,pricing,quality of work,quality of material I use,knowledge of the business, outside temp,etc.etc. The reason is quite simple.Consumers,myself included,are using extreme caution on what they are spending their hard earned money on.Everyone in the window film business should have a understanding that window tinting is a luxury and not a necessity (sp.). Sure,it is really nice to drive a car that has tint and is more comfortable and saves a little on gas,prevents fading,etc.Yes,it will save on the electric bill on residential and commercial buildings.Bottom line is economy,economy,economy.Please dont think of me as a negative individual or just a old burned out window tinter.Sadly,I see this business we are in turning around later than sooner.Thanks for letting share my thoughts or more accurately vent.

I have been on my soap box about this before.... so here's my boiled down take...

This is not the year to sit on your haunches... This is the year to TAKE MARKET SHARE.....

If you don't get out there and do some gorilla marketing and suck up business from your competition you are in for a rough ride! There just simply is not enough customer base to support all the mouths that need fed...... It's about #1 <----- THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE..... If you don't provide a A++ Customer experience you will soon be forgotten.... It doesn't matter the price they pay, or the quality they get as long as their in store experience is exceptional.... not good, not great.... EXCEPTIONAL.... and that is how you set yourself apart from the competition and survive this market...

and when all else fails.. get dancing girls,bbq, and beer...... :cool

I know how to sell and I know how to close a deal. I know how to network and direct market. which comes in handy when there's no money for big advertising in the bank. lately, I find myself stopping in at different businesses setting up window cleaning accounts on the side to fall back on when tinting slows down or on my slow days. my closing ratio for this has been around 40%. easy money and work when I get faster at it. once I've cleaned the glass once or twice, I will be sure to try to close them on commercial window films. can't keep all your eggs in one basket with such a downward spiral of an economy this year. until after the election, I'm getting set for tough times.

Archived