Roll Downs, Full peel or half peel?

Guest 3sixtyindustries

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I didn't know you had to peel the film! I just put glue stick all over the glass and stuck it on there and told the customer it'll dry out in a week, but the warranty is only 48 hours....Jk :rollin

Guest 3sixtyindustries

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one that does full peel without pulling panels. To most of you guys that do full peel do you slide bottom in first then roll the window down to bring the tint up to the edge? :rollin

Guest PrecisionTint

3sixty..that.s exactly how I do it. Set the bottom edge of the film just above the gasket, runa a hard card of choice to left the gasket slightly, and lower the film into position. Roll the window down enough to see the top of the glass, do a final position of the film, squeegie away. I just make sure that before hand, I flush the bottom gasket out with soapy water very well. Also, I don't spray water on the top part of the glass. I get cleaner installs that way.

I pull the panels back, do a full peel then slide my hands behind the tint on the peeler board and lift it up and away from it. This stops my hands from touching the adhesive side. I then slowly slip the front corner in and downwards while then setting the rear of the tint onto the window and sliding the entire piece of film downwards. Once it is down I slowly slide the top part of the film onto the glass. It sets right up onto the glass just as it should fit without moving around and its good to go for the rest of the install. :rollin

Guest max power

First pull all panels. Clean glass with window slightly down, full peel and apply to glass with top edge overhanging about 5 mm then hard squeegee so firmly adhered to glass then "shave" top edge and finish off bottom. This method allows film to be installed well past the edge of the side gaskets, no gap at all on top edge(if there is more than 1mm of clear glass on the top then it gets ripped off) . Pulling panels makes for quicker install. Very few cars take more than 1 1/2 hours with this method and that includes cutting out kit and cleaning vehicle for collection. I can tint using the half peel and heaps of other methods as well but I find this works for me :thumb .

Archived