tire pressure signals

we had a customer call and ask a question, and set up an appointment.

question was, do you have to use a ceramic film to make sure you dont disrupt the rf tire pressure sensors signal on the new hondas

the customer was told by another shop in town that you had to use this, and it was a $150.00 upgrade over their regular price.

this is the same shop that told another customer, who came to us, the same thing, which I started another thread a few months ago about.

this seems to me to be misleading, since the customer was told that this is the only type of film that will do the job

what do you all think

Guest Sunlimited

There are certain films that will cause some interference, it is however misleading for them to say this is the "only" film that will work. I remember the thread and I think other members chimed in on films that work and dont. It may have even made TD's list of vehicles with probs.

Guest Texstar
I havent heard of problems with any tint and tire pressure monitors. only AM radio probs...

You havent run into a lazy dealer service manager then :thumb

They blame the tint for everything

Guest 1reddime
I havent heard of problems with any tint and tire pressure monitors. only AM radio probs...

let me re phrase that LOL!

I have heard a lot, but havent experienced any probs.....

that shop and I have a decent relationship, as far as we aren't at war with one another :spit

the customer was pissed when I told her otherwise, and they do offer other non-metallic films,

maybe its a good thing, if they keep p*ssing people off and they keep coming to me, I say let him do it. But on the otherhand, the word could travel and people may think he's the only one in town that has this problem covered with his film, afterall, customers allot of times are lazy and need to be driven to water to make um drink :thumb

Guest filmslayer

You havent run into a lazy dealer service manager then :spit

They blame the tint for everything

:thumb

Archived