Fines In NC

Guest Hades12

You forget there are certain people like myself who have permits, my condition states that by the power of NC I am allowed to have tint not to exceed 5%. I was pulled over showed the trooper my permit and he left just like that not one word said.

Where and how were you able to obtain a permit? I would like to see if I could get one. I hate driving around without window tint, which I'm having to do right now. You don't realize how bad the sun gets to you until you start riding around without it. Had to strip my 20% off to pass my inspection. I had 12% on both my cars till I got pulled over, then I had them replaced with 20 and had no problems after that. Since NC has moved to remove the windshield inspection stickers I'm thinking bout tinting the whole windshield 35% and my front two 35%.

:eyebrows Not a good idea....

I bet everyone's going to want their ws tinted before long when the stickers are gone aren't they?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You forget there are certain people like myself who have permits, my condition states that by the power of NC I am allowed to have tint not to exceed 5%. I was pulled over showed the trooper my permit and he left just like that not one word said.

Where and how were you able to obtain a permit? I would like to see if I could get one. I hate driving around without window tint, which I'm having to do right now. You don't realize how bad the sun gets to you until you start riding around without it. Had to strip my 20% off to pass my inspection. I had 12% on both my cars till I got pulled over, then I had them replaced with 20 and had no problems after that. Since NC has moved to remove the windshield inspection stickers I'm thinking bout tinting the whole windshield 35% and my front two 35%.

:krazy Not a good idea....

I bet everyone's going to want their ws tinted before long when the stickers are gone aren't they?

It didn't stop them even with the stickers... :dunno

:dunno Not a good idea....

It didn't stop them even with the stickers... :krazy

Never had anyone ask until lately since no more sticker on the ws :dunno

Guest ltlmsc85

:beer Not a good idea....

It didn't stop them even with the stickers... :beer

Never had anyone ask until lately since no more sticker on the ws :lol

I would bet you start to hear more about people getting pulled over "for no reason" and the cop tell them didnt see a sticker. That wont last too long BUT now they can pull you over to "check your inspection papers" whether your doing something wrong or not.. I would say just stay on the safe side and keep it legal..

:beer Not a good idea....

Never had anyone ask until lately since no more sticker on the ws :lol

I would bet you start to hear more about people getting pulled over "for no reason" and the cop tell them didnt see a sticker. That wont last too long BUT now they can pull you over to "check your inspection papers" whether your doing something wrong or not.. I would say just stay on the safe side and keep it legal..

I agree, keep it legal and you don't have anything to worry about.

They will be able to tell if your inspection is out when they see your tags.

They will be renewed at the same time, once they are finished implementing this e-sticker deal...

Guest Total tint

:lol Not a good idea....

Never had anyone ask until lately since no more sticker on the ws :beer

I agree, keep it legal and you don't have anything to worry about.

They will be able to tell if your inspection is out when they see your tags.

They will be renewed at the same time, once they are finished implementing this e-sticker deal...

yep they started that in Nov 08 I believe

Archived