mk5 golf day form hell

Guest tintec

Guest tintec

shrank back glass in 10 mins,had car complete in 3hrs it was a 4 door :spit thought to myself that was fastest mk5 golf to date ive got the hang of these badboys,then I remembered custy wants a 10 inch sun strip so yea 15mins no big deal,went to screw off rearview mirror and BANG goes the windsheild,I have done about 50 vw sunstrips to date all with the same twist off mirror never had problems :thumb lucky local glass firm had 1 in stock got it fitted,price of job 250euro price of window 220 euro,thats a hard lesson from now on custy will be told have mirror off when car is dropped off or I will not be doin a strip,never told custy about the replacment,fingers crossed she never is none the wiser

Guest tintec
Wow, that's harsh.

Reminds me of the time I tinted one of those old RX7 hatchback windows. I had it totally disassembled, drying outside and the bosses wife backs over it with her car.

geez fella at least it wasnt your fault,im heading for beer tonight my stress levels are through the roof :rollin

Guest Tintim
Wow, that's harsh.

Reminds me of the time I tinted one of those old RX7 hatchback windows. I had it totally disassembled, drying outside and the bosses wife backs over it with her car.

geez fella at least it wasnt your fault,im heading for beer tonight my stress levels are through the roof :rollin

:dunno

Know exactly how you feel - but if it don't kill you it makes you stronger and boy do you remember not to do it again. Plus it gives you some interesting stories to tell down the pub.

Guest lordofthetints

tell me about it...exactly same thing happened to me saturday.

I was getting ready to close the shop, had already turned off the lights, then an old FIAT Uno comes in and asks for a sun strip, I was kinda low on cash, so I went to do it. Took off the rearview mirror, everything ws ok, was done in less than 10 min. When I tried to put it back inthe windshield cracked. I was freaking pissed, spent 10 what I made from the job. It was my first windshield in almost 5 years.

Damn it! :rollin

Guest tintec
I avoid sunstrips for this reason...I have had customers remove them before now.

naughty do you have customers get the mirror removed themselves or just refuse sunstrips altogether?

Guest naughtydog

On the vw/audi's I tell them there are isssues, if they want me to do the job I place the risk with them ie. If I do it and it cracks THEY will be making a claim for the screen on there insurance.

In general I will look at the mirror, if it's risky I will offer them a strip with a slit in, but the best bet - dont promote them.

Guest tintec
On the vw/audi's I tell them there are isssues, if they want me to do the job I place the risk with them ie. If I do it and it cracks THEY will be making a claim for the screen on there insurance.

In general I will look at the mirror, if it's risky I will offer them a strip with a slit in, but the best bet - dont promote them.

good advice thanks..

Archived