35% + 35% tint

Hi, I was wondering what's the real %'age of 35% tint on top of another 35% tint? I used 0.35X0.35=0.1225% is that right?

Right now my car has 3 layers, 1st one is vkool 70, 2nd madico onyx 50f/35r, 3rd is 40f/35r forgot the brand. since I have vkool as first layer plus I have darker tint in the back it looks weird when it's cloudy...like the front will be shiny green and the back is dark with some hint of green...during sunny days it's fine. I'm thinking of just going back to 35% madico onyx all around, then if it's not dark enough I'll get another layer of 35% for the rear...at least the color will look more uniformed :rollin Plus, having 3 layers of tint is kinda making my window go up/down slower now...the rubber thing on the window keeps getting tucked in making it go down very slow sometimes =/

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

No, no, no. Always use two or more layers. This way if they get a ticket for !llegal tint they can just peel one layer off! Plus, as a show owner you can charge more. Not to mention it reduces how much inventory you have to carry.

I would just get one layer...but madico onyx only has 50%, 35%, 20%, and 5% they don't have 10-15% which is what I want for the back. plus I'm only having 2 layers on the back. I have 3 layers on my car right now and it's doesn't look that dark...well not as dark as I expected. well who knows I might just stick with 35% all around if I don't feel too n@ked :rollin

here's what it looks like during day...

DSCN0454.jpg

cloudy...

DSCN0445.jpg

as you can see the color looks weird when cloudy lol just bugs me.

Guest hometheaterman
yeah...I got a better idea...how bout a few layers a paint too.
Most cars do have several layers of paint. lol. I just had to throw that out there. I've heard of guys going with 2 layers but not many with 3. Why not just go with a 20%?

I had 20% madico onyx before I got the vkool and stuff...long story short, I got a ticket for it then decided to go with vkool all around so I don't have to deal with tickets anymore...after a while I feel n@ked and I park outside at night so I don't want people looking in the car...so went dark again lol but I have made up my mind and just get 35% all around =)

Guest kflemin9
I had 20% madico onyx before I got the vkool and stuff...long story short, I got a ticket for it then decided to go with vkool all around so I don't have to deal with tickets anymore...after a while I feel n@ked and I park outside at night so I don't want people looking in the car...so went dark again lol but I have made up my mind and just get 35% all around =)

Sounds like it may have been cheaper to just pay the ticket.. and knock out 2 extra steps.. :rollin

Archived