96 Grand Am coupe

Fiveofeen

1st time in my entire career. Sent this thing packing today, couldnt get the back glass to shrink. Using a nice friendly HP film and it would just run out of shrink. Couldnt really lift and pull because of the shape (lift to pull and the anchor would release) and I was stressed to the max with selling a car in the same evening. Not really sure where I went wrong, mdog shrink etc... After three attempts to shrink I told em to bring it back another day I was too worked up. I was ready to throw the heat gun through the back window.

Def feel like a total noob failure. I've done some tough cars, Z06, GTi etc... I just couldnt get my head around it today. WTF

just need more practice...thats all.

:rollin

I had a roll of defective film (blurry) and played with it for about 5 trys. I just could not get it to work for me. Bad day, built up frustration. Who knows, I'm too close to leaving to care on this one. Still it humbled me.... no idea how I couldnt get it. Film just didnt have any shrink left in it, the bottom corners were killin me.

Guest lordofthetints

sounds like you were having a bad day, from what you mentioned, you have done harder BGs than this one. I´m sure this has happend to some of us here, it has happened to me. tell him to bring the car over a day when you are not so busy with other things.

the idea of taping the anchor is a good one, i´ll be using that from now on :thumb

Archived