Portraying Others' Work as Your Own

Guest filmpeople

Guest filmpeople

What would your reaction be, if photos of your work were used on other window film/tinting companies' websites?

I'm seeing more and more decorative film photos being used online without permission of the original owner.

Lately, I started seeing photos migrating from my website to others.

I would like to hear what your opinions are on this matter...

What would your reaction be, if photos of your work were used on other window film/tinting companies' websites?

I'm seeing more and more decorative film photos being used online without permission of the original owner.

Lately, I started seeing photos migrating from my website to others.

I would like to hear what your opinions are on this matter...

I keep a Copyright TG TINT on each photo I post on my webpage. The watermark style is the best and I would upgrade to that but I'm changing careers soon. I highly recommend it.

You think thats bad?? Dropped into one of my competitors website recently and spotted pics of a job we had done a few months ago. That would'nt have been so bad, but the jacka$$ took the pic while one of my guys was working on the glass!!!!! I saw the pic and noticed my brother-in-law through one of the windows!!! now that's some focked up chit. My lawyer hit him with notification of infringement and he had the balls to say His company did the work. That was until we showed up at his shop with a cease and desist order and she pulled up the pic on his site and showed him the installer in the pic. This clown just about crapped his pants. Sure made my day!!!!!

I would have to say that if you dont watermark or do FLASH photos, you cant complain when other people steal pictures. I do however think it is wrong when they claim it is thier work in writing, thats just crappy.... but what about all those lame ole LLumar generic pictures I see on alot of sites...u know the girl with the shattered glass.....ect

Archived