Film Handler portable base

Guest Dave Lewis

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dave Lewis
Looks good . How many times have you had to pick it up off the ground?

From it falling over? Never

Moving it from my truck to a job site many times.

It doesen't weigh much more then a roll of 8 mil security film.

I just throw in over my shoulder and carry it to a spot where I can roll it into the building.

Not bad, pretty cool. I do like being able to roll it around , that would be handy. Does look top heavy but I think it just appears that way. I saw a nice setup with a filmhandler mounted to the side of custom built scaffolding.... very sweet. It was someone on this site too. Coote I believe it may have been.

-SF

Guest Dave Lewis
Genius my brutha.....How about drilling holes in 6 or 12 inch increments on the inner 2x4's so you can slide a wooden or metal dowel through to lock the height adjustment instead of the quick clamps.

I thought about drilling holes but the clamp works fine and I can adjust to any desired height quickly.

Not bad, pretty cool. I do like being able to roll it around , that would be handy. Does look top heavy but I think it just appears that way. I saw a nice setup with a filmhandler mounted to the side of custom built scaffolding.... very sweet. It was someone on this site too. Coote I believe it may have been.

-SF

nope, mine was simply this

table-boxs1-small.jpg

I like this rolling stand for FH tho... :dunno

Guest MasterTinter420IV

I just like the old knife in the box trick. Simple, Cheap, and efective. But that tint table is great!. I might just build me one of those for the house. :dunno

Id like to see 72" 8mil pulled from it, as well as 15mil. Ive got some crude drawings of a stand, but I cant figure out how to make it light and sturdy. That one looks heavy.

I'm working on a stand made from aluminum. I did make real nice mount for the wall of the van for it, If I can figure out how, I will post pics some day

Archived