Business just picked back Up ..Cake Job (((Updated Pics)))

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dave Lewis
Just make sure you have your helper sign a work on contract basis form, so he will be responsible for paying his own taxes and you wont be liable for worker's comp...ect..

Where do you get this form?

Or do you just give him a 1099 at the end of the year.

Just make sure you have your helper sign a work on contract basis form, so he will be responsible for paying his own taxes and you wont be liable for worker's comp...ect..

Where do you get this form?

Or do you just give him a 1099 at the end of the year.

JUst do a Google Search for Independent contract form and copy and paste into Word and delete or ad wording as needed. Here is what I made up:

Independent Contractor’s Agreement

Date:

The following will outline our agreement and summarize the terms of the arrangement that we have discussed.

You have been retained by________________________ as an independent contractor for the project

at__________________________________ .

You will be responsible for successfully completing the above-described project according to specifications and within the policy guidelines discussed.

The project is estimated to be completed within ____________ and you will be paid at an hourly rate

of $________. You will paid for services rendered at the end of each work day.

We will not deduct or withhold any taxes, FICA or other deductions that we are legally required to make from the pay of regular employees. As an independent contractor, you will not be entitled to any fringe benefits, such as unemployment insurance, medical insurance, workers compensation, pension plans or other such benefits that would be offered to regular employees.

During this project, you may be in contact with or directly working with proprietary information that is important to our company and its competitive position. All information must be treated with strict confidence and may not be used at any time or in any manner in work you may do with others in our industry.

If you agree to the above terms, please sign and return one copy of this letter for our records.

Agreed:

Independent Contractor __________________________________________ Date ___________

Company Representative _________________________________________ Date ___________

Guest Dave Lewis

I may be wrong, but don’t you need a certificate of liability insurance from him if you are claiming him to be a subcontractor or independent contractor? My accountant said I should keep the certificate with the 1099 to prove he was a sub, if I ever get audited

Finished up the frost inside today. Here are some pics of the whole job.... I had to splice the large entry panes of glass..They were 73 inches wide!!!... Can you spot where I spliced????? :rollin The secret is using a 72" metal ruler, a fresh blade and a steady hand....

SSPX0092.jpg

SSPX0086.jpg

SSPX0084.jpg

SSPX0090.jpg

SSPX0081.jpg

SSPX0082.jpg The panes where I put the frost were actually two panes in one seperated by a clear caulking in the middle..I had to shave the vertical beveled middle edges...

Guest vclimber

Nice job... if you butt-spliced your seam with 5% film don't be surprised if they call you back when the film pulls apart and light pierces through the gap. You need to find yourself a supplier that can produce 72" material. Center it with a 1/2" gap on each side and use black striping tape or black caulk for a seamless job. :rollin

Guest tintgod
Finished up the frost inside today. Here are some pics of the whole job.... I had to splice the large entry panes of glass..They were 73 inches wide!!!... Can you spot where I spliced????? :thumb The secret is using a 72" metal ruler, a fresh blade and a steady hand....

SSPX0086.jpg

SSPX0084.jpg

your hands didnt seen to steady with these pics... :lol2

other then that...GREAT JOB DUDE!!!!.. :rollin

Archived