Baby Powder

Guest CloudWalker

Guest thetintshop

I use baby powder only. I've tried the others, and just wasn't comfotable. may be that "BIG ASS HEATGUN" I use. but the other ways just didn't give me enough slip and ended up creasing the film.

Guest Litespeeds

It is basically the same as dry shrinking with dryer sheets. Just rub baby powder all over the back glass and use a little water to set the film either in the middle or on the sides. Baby power is very slippery and you will find that the film will shrink a little better than with dryer sheets but I didn't really like using that method. Felt like the film kept on moving around. Once I tried dryer sheets, I was hooked and never looked back.

Guest thetintshop

all you do is rub baby powder all over the glass. make a "H" pattern with a wet paper towel. start at the edge and work to the center from the middle down. I can do an entire back glass in an average of 5-6 minutes. quick and easy.

Guest naughtydog

I use the baby powder method but I am wondering what are "dryer sheets", if it's what I think they are. Do you put threm in the tumble dryer to reduce ststic on clothes??. In the UK they are not called dryer sheets - they are called...I'll have to ask the mrs!!

Do you still fix the film in the "H" shape before shrinking.

Naughtydog

Guest CloudWalker

Thanks. Yes those dryer sheets are the ones that go in with clothes, I guess just like every other shrink you do it the same.

Litespeed. Have you ever tried the fabric sizer? I have used it before but now I have just been doing the dry shrink with nothin under the film. I just figured on the Vette I would need a little extra help.

Archived