need advice on a good shop in SE michigan

Guest jgold47

Guest jgold47

sorry if this is in the wrong place, if so please move it or direct me....there are only 2 tint shops that I know of in the ann arbor area ziebart, and PWT....I was looking for recomendations of a quality shop in this area for my job....I dont trust chains, which is why ziebart is out unless someone knows someone and will vouch...(heck I installed ICE at best buy for years)....PWT did my last job, which was ok on my integra (and I know what a b***h that rear is), but they didnt tint the windows to the ends only the visible, which I think looks tacky as hell.....

thanks in advance...

Guest jgold47

mabyee, mishiwaka is only about 2 hrs away....

1. can you do them cold

2. what do you do with a matrix

3. are you goign to do the whole window or only the visible?

4. prices

5. what %'s do you have?

mabyee, mishiwaka is only about 2 hrs away....

1. can you do them cold

2. what do you do with a matrix

3. are you goign to do the whole window or only the visible?

4. prices

5. what %'s do you have?

yes, I tint in the winter time with no problems (do them cold?)

cannot give price if I don't know what kind of car

I have vinyl for the matrix and we have 35% (indiana legal limit) and we have 20% (legal in MI for now on back of vehicle only, fronts is only 4" on top of the front doors, they're possibly changing the tint law in MI some time soon to be 35% only) I WILL NOT install 5% whatsoever even on the back of the vehicle due to my personal belief that it's not safe as I have 3 small children and value their lives very much.

tint only the visible ?? :lol as far as the roll downs go I don't tint right to the very edge of the glass as I dont want it to peel, some people file the film on the edge, I don't do this, there will be a VERY SMALL 'top edge' which is the section of glass that is without film at the very top, usually 1/16" . hope this answers your questions.

man I hope so!

except the 4 inches on the top of the roll downs? only?

the 4 inches is on front doors only, I'll usually do like 35% or no film at all for a michigan customer. depends on what they want :booga (the previous post was for the dude asking questions.

I think of all the michigan cars I've EVER done in 6 years, I've only done the 4" strip once and it looked gay, hell the same effect can be achieved by putting on some ventshades :booga

Archived