C5500 remote start

Guest Legendary Tinter

Guest Soultinter

I'm not familiar with DEI but I can tell you a great tech tip that might work. I learned it from the tech guy at autostart(the brand I used the most). If you connect the wait to start wire to constant 12v,(the wire you would normally connect to the wait to start light) it will automatically wait the full time everytime you use the remote start thereby guaranteeing no problems with starting too soon and vvvverrry easy.

if you hook up the wait-to-start wire correctly, there is no problem with starting too soon. Also, waiting to start a diesel more than the "wait to start" time, is bad for the glow plugs. Not a smart idea. Remote starts in the past had a pre-programmed time to wait. Nowadays, trucks only need about 5-10 seconds, even on the coldest days, to wait.

Can anyone tell me, do all of these vehicles have passlock?

man, I tried looking this truck up on directed's website, and couldnt find it. my best guess is that they do, but what vehicle are you working on hoosier?

Mike

It's a big commercial Box Van with a C5500 Chassis. I believe it is a 2003. Chevy used to call these the Kodiak but they don't say that anymore on the vehicle. It has a duramax diesel engine, and I don't know if it matters, but it has keyless entry, too. The key looks just like any other chevy pickup key that they are putting in them now.

I couldnt find that model in any of my software :shock one quick way to tell, is to drop the bottom of the column (2 screws, 7mm or a T 15 torx, I can't remember) and look at the ignition wires. there should be a small yellow, orange/black and a black. chances are, it DOES have passlock. but withoug looking, I can't be certain. :) sorry I'm not much help. I couldnt find anything on the kodiak either. to be safe, drop the column, and check for tha passlock wires, they'll be small (18) gauge. :thumb

Archived