Tribute to a mate

Guest Spesh

Guest Spesh

Had a sureal experience on Saturday night when my best mate died in my arms on the footpath in Sydney. He had just finished his surgeons exam, and was planning to become a reconstructive plastic surgeon, he was 26, fit, healthy, did not drink much, never took Dr*gs, but it seems as though a flu like bug too his life. Supposedly, flu type bugs can infect the heart muscle and you don't even know it........he had it a while ago, about 4 weeks, came to the pub with me, sat down, hadn't even had a drink, then keeled over beside me, woke up 10 seconds later, analysed what happened to him after asking me what happened, then asked to be driven to the hospital, half way there, he had another seizure and did not wake up as me and my other mate were trying to do CPR on him. Basically the infection in the heart muscle kicked in at that time, he would not have felt sick at the time and could not have predicted it..........I have never seen a dead body, nor had anyone close to me die, yet this was my best mate right in front of my eyes.

ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG!!!!!!

Keep the beer cold for me mate wherever you are!

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

Oh man....sorry to hear that bro. I was wondering why you haven't been online for a couple of days. Now I know. I don't know what to say without being too mushy or long winded but a prayer goes out to him and you. See you on the boards.

Guest Tint Slug

very sorry to here that this happened and I am at a lose for words. All I can say is you and his family are in my prayers

Guest Spesh

Thanks guys, for the msgs, just make sure that you are well after the flu before you do strenuous stuff..........he went for a long run that day as well

Archived