DYED POLYESTER OR GLUE

Guest Sprinter

I'll take dyed polyester over dyed glue, the glue will have uv inhibitors in it and it's the first defense to keep the tint from fadeing to quickly. if it's in the glue then all your puting on is clear polyester. and hoping the glue will last a few years.

Guest Sprinter

leo it's a joke really here in the USA that the film comes with a lifetime warranty, cause nothing is going to outlast the sun! some film company years ago figured they would sell more films to the tinters if they offered this type of film, except they kind of make us tinters liars because we know that the film will fail. some faster then the others and vissa versa you know. what the film companys need to do is go back to the 3 and 5 year warranties then all would be happy!

leo it's a joke really here in the USA that the film comes with a lifetime warranty, cause nothing is going to outlast the sun! some film company years ago figured they would sell more films to the tinters if they offered this type of film, except they kind of make us tinters liars because we know that the film will fail. some faster then the others and vissa versa you know. what the film companys need to do is go back to the 3 and 5 year warranties then all would be happy!

Man it's great to see some really intelligent expressions of facts here.

Well said Sprinter. :thumb

Devil

1. Is it really necessary have warranty 5-7-10 years?

2. What's about very urgly looking sputtered films (I saw solar gard SB175 GREENLY after 1 year)?

Sounds to metint like the copper used in that film corroded. What color does copper turn when it begins to tarnish? Greenly!

Something isn't right cause they usually have stainless steel in the mix to stabilize the copper. :rollin

Dyed polyester far outlasts dyed adhesive. PS adhesive is kind of sensitive about having anything in its environment. It will chemically work hard on ridding itself of any such intrusion in turn breaking down the dye instead of performing its main function well; holding the film to the glass long term.

:thumb

Yes there R competition so some companies proclame lifetime warranty....Lifetime of owner, car, film, universe or...???? I saw also discolorated lifetime Jonson films and HP Titatnium from Solar Gard...So what?

I don't believe that in US somebody buy car on all his life :poop So 2-3 years in quite enough - next car owner can change color of tint, remove it or crash the car :gasp

But there R other plus using dyed glue - it is not problem to take film from car. U can do it for some 20 minutes - and NO GLUE ON GLASSES, as tinters know it is also problem. I am asking about glue and polyester because we use sometimes dyed glue - for better price. So professional mind is very interesting to us.

P.S. Please understand that I am NOT INSTALLER and NEVER installed films (except first meter of 4 mil 11 years ago, after that I understand that I am not installer :gasp ) so may be some my questions can look stupid. But I am trying to go deep into this problem and understand real situation - WHO IS WHO and WHAT IS WHAT. 100% film must be hardcoated - there R NO QUESTIONS. But glue or polyester? UV block 99% or 95%? And other marketing ideas such warranties etc - is it real? I have silver film not so bright like regular - I proclame that there R iones of silver which are very healthy :poop There are no silver, believe me :hmmm

Archived