lighting my way

Guest naughtydog

Guest naughtydog

When tinting rear screens with dark 5% tint, I cannot see where I should be cutting out my pattern. What I do is lift the film and place a series of chinagraph pencil marks to outline my shape.

What sort of light do you peeps use to light up the inside of the vehicle so you can cut the pattern out easily. A standard lead-lamp of some sort of 12V strip light.

I welcome and advise a usual

Naughtydog

Guest Litespeeds

I usually use a drop light inside the rear deck to see where I need to cut. Sometimes I use a white piece of paper and slip it towards the edges to help me see better. Don't you just hate using limo 5% on cars with black interiors.

Guest thetintshop

go to the main page and click on tinting tools. then click on "my light prop". that's what mdog uses and it looks like it would work really well. I just use a drop light, I'm not as "advanced" as mdog with his recycled tint boxes. :beer

Guest Terrapin

We use the halogen lights that MDOG uses at work. They will light up the whole inside of the car!

On my own, I use a 24" flourescent. I think it's called a Brite Stick or something like that. It's plastic and lightweight. Works for me.

Archived