felt contamination

Guest sdtintin

Guest sdtintin

hey yall I tinted a 03 530 bmw tourer today and no matter what I did I couldnt geta clean job ,I taped the felt n it was still there along the sides it looked crap I just couldnt get the tint in there without any contamination ,ive never had a problem before I can usualy geta nice clean install but this car was just not playing ball ,any advice or tips I can try ,oh im redoing it saturday

please help

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Protint is right....you can burn the felt with a heatgun. Be careful. An employee that we used to have here burn the felt on everything with a propane torch. Looked scary but worked great.

Guest sdtintin

I did go around the felt with my heat gun but it didnt seem to do anything I taped the felt but still seemed to get it everywhere :thumb rekon im gunna pull the panels sat and see if that makes life any easier ,the guy was telling me that he has got another bmw exactly the same as this 1 that was tinted by some other guy and its absolutely perfect ,makes me wonder why im tinting this 1 ,has any1 got any tips on pullin a panel on a 03 beema cos its bin ages since ive pulled a panel

Guest redneckj

Well inregards to taping up the felt. I have found that the 3m Weather resistant duct tape works really good. I have also been using some closeout 3m Vinal for taping up some felt lately. I bought 1 roll 15"wide for like 15 bucks and a roll of 24"vinal for only like 26 bucks. It was the ugliest color of tan you have ever seen, no wonder it was on the closeout list. I cut 2"wide strips of it to tape up side window felt, sometimes I even go all the way around the frame and completely cover up all exposed felt. I also cut it into 4 x 6" and 4 x 8" pieces and use it to cover up the carpet way at the bottom of back windows. I peel the relief sheet 1/2 off the vinal and fold it back and then the static will hold the vinal on the glass while I slide the vinal down inbetween the rear glass and the carpet of the rear deck, when it is all the way down I stick it to the rear deck. This method is ausome! If you tint alot ofSaturn ION quad coupes as I do it is very handy. The vinal is ausome to cover up headliners and rear speakers. I would have prefered white but the tan was so cheep I could not pass it up.

Archived