ceramic dotted border

Guest Stef_Z

Ive had the rear screen and rear side windows done in a 5%trans film by' Johnson Window Films'

I know the ceramic dotted edge around the windows doesnt adhere to the film, but is there anyway of reducing the WHITE border that is left around the edge, where is isnt sticking to the dots.

Do you have to leave it for a while to cure, then press it down hard around the edges. ..?? Im not sure what to do, and it looks a bit nasty..

any advice appreciated..

Stef_Z - UK

Johnsons film is quite heavy guage.. what if the film is warmed up.?

Im not sure how well its gona stick down, but I damn sure hope it does.!!

>>

Theres a small line bubble about 1" long in the rear screen, The tinter said it may go after a few weeks. Is this likely.? :shock

I would like him to have a look at it, but he said give it 2 weeks to let it settle and cure . to see if it does go or not.. :lol6

>>

Panic - - advice please....

Guest Me_shelli

Tint does take time to cure. Generally a lot of the wateryness will go away. One thing you can do to help is park it in the sun. With it getting colder it may take a little longer to cure. Hope this helps. :shock

The white dot matrix border is air caught between every dot and its next door neighbour and there is nothing that any tinter in the globe can do about that.

Perhaps give it 3 days then push it down with a forefinger very hard. Being PS glue, it will take better to the edge

The 1 inch line bubble sounds very much like an over shrinking of the film and the material has puckered and can be quite hard if not sometimes impossible to set down. Possible damage to the adhesive integrity and being on the rear screen can be fatal to the film.

Devil

Guest Litespeeds

Those dots are called frit and depending upon what vehicle you have, the chances of the film to stick between each and every raised dot is next to impossible. It really depends upon the vehicle as some have dots that are thicker than others. After the tint dries for about a week or two, run your finger along the frit and push it towards the edge. This will help but most likely you will see some white along the dots.

Guest BlackOut

Stef Z

Are you in Scotland?

If you are around the Glasgow area it would be worth knowing if you are talking about the tint not adhering to the dots, or the tint not even reaching the dots.

I know of a firm who do not tint past the inner edge of the dot frit.

Sounds nuts, I know, but my business is thriving on re-dos from these guys

:coffee

A while ago a guy came in with his buddy and asked if I could get the tint as good as good as his buddy's...didn't cover the dots, almost an inch from the top of the roll ups, cut badly with scissors on the verticals and a two-piece backglass(a well cut backglass, but still a two-piece),....in short, bad job - and they were happy with it !

I told him if my eyes were shut and I was tinting outside on a windy day, there is no way I could get it to look that bad.

:thumb

Archived