Costing travelling

How much would you tinters charge over an installation for flat glass that is 100 miles away?

I had one come up on Sunday for a builder who desperately needed it done on the day and the local country hacks had no idea. The job took and only an hour but the drive was 2 hours each way. Filled in a nice avo. I charged him $280 US for the travel only.

Devil

Yea, that sounds like some good travel pay.

I look at each job on its own. Figure out the travel time x an hourly wage + vehicle costs. Then you can figure in things like how busy you are, how senic the drive is and how much $ you'll make from the job. With a good, all-day job, you may not have to charge a lot extra,

:spit

someone once said :drevil

"show me a man who won't pat himself on the back and I'll show you a man with a broken arm, just kickin ya ... how big was the job? sometimes yu have to make it worth while in travel expenses and rush factor would definitly play in but it sounds like yu would make out ok . best wishes for a prosperous new year in advance .

I look a my travel time . as time worked. so I base the estimate on how long will it take me in total. to finish the job. and then figure out how much am I making an hour. while I am actualy installing. so if I am making 100 an hour. then I want to make 100 for travel time. time is money after all. if you where not traveling . you could be somewhere else . doing work making the same money.

How much would you tinters charge over an installation for flat glass that is 100 miles away?

I had one come up on Sunday for a builder who desperately needed it done on the day and the local country hacks had no idea. The job took and only an hour but the drive was 2 hours each way. Filled in a nice avo. I charged him $280 US for the travel only.

Devil

I charge appr. USD 0,15 per km ... Petrol price here is USD 0,7 per litr....

Today we go far as 180 km one way from my office - charge appr. USD 70... Only :thumb:hmmm:mad:lol

Archived