70% light Transmission on front windows

Guest DapaaTints

Guest DapaaTints
:thumbdown Here in the U.K the law is being tightend and the front driver and passenger windows must have a light transmission of 70%. Basically cars will look odd with tint on the rear and nothing on the front windows as 70% is basically see through. I need your help. Is there a make of film (smoke or charcoal) that changes with the light and gets darker during the day apart from the silver reflective and which would be within the law of 70% light transmission.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest djenterprise

70%!!!!! Dang thats just as dark as the factory glass is already. Sorry. Cant help here. 70% is 70% and nothing Ive seen in that shade, including metallized films, looks remotely dark :thumbdown

hey dappa, I'm in the same boat as you I'm up in scotland, so far on 99% of cars I've worked on I've installed 35% on the front, when I was trained by johnson's thats what they trained me too put on the front,so far I havent had one person come back to me with a problem about the legality! also I received a letter from johnson's head office(uk) not that long ago that they were working with the police/government to try and work it out, but that'll probaly take forever. to install 70% tint would be pointless, a standard window with some dirt on it is darker!!!! I've seen an ad in max power magazine a company called cappucino tint install light reactive tint!! never heard about this film,never seen it either but they offer it :booga

Archived