Looking for Windshield Options

Guest Ibizan

Guest Ibizan

Hey all, I'm getting my car tinted for the first time. Using 35% all around except for the windshield because I'm afraid it would be too dark. I'm trying to decide if I should go with a higher percentage or use a 6" banner strip similar to one that my buddy used (see pic).

tinting.jpg

My primary concern for tinting the entire windshield is visability, but is it possible to have protection, a decent degree of shading, and see clearly?

Cheers. :bingo

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintslut

hmmm, forget the windsheild tint thing, go with a visor strip....

YOU dont by any chance drive at nite while wearing sunglasses?

Do ya?

Guest Ibizan

Okay, looks like the jury is in on that one: visor it is. Guess I gotta ask the next question then...What's the purpose of the visor? Is it just for appearance? I take it that it's not actually used to view through given that it's considerably darker.

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

hehehehe The visor reduces the glare that gets in your eyes when the sun is rising or setting. I never thought of it as a style thing.

Guest Ibizan
hehehehe The visor reduces the glare that gets in your eyes when the sun is rising or setting. I never thought of it as a style thing.Hmm...then maybe I should forego it. I'm tall (6'5") so if the visor chews up the top 6" of real estate of my windshield, I may end up looking through it 24/7 whenever I'm driving.

Archived