Just got my car tinted...

Guest *o00o*

Guest *o00o*

It been two day sitting in the sun drying up but I could see alot of rigid lines mark (like it was not squeegee smoothly ...I know there suppose to be bubble when it was first tinted and it will go away after couple of days in the sun but this is not the case)and dried water solution between the tint. Is this normal and the water marks will go away or stayed permenatly ? And for my back window I guess the tinter didn't squeegee all the way to the bottom edge so I could see the tint not apprehend the glass. Man...I think the guy is a beginner since he freakin trimmed the rubber surrounding of my back window when he cut the tint. Not to be an ass..but I paid $250 for this kind of quality work?! The worst part is the water stain in my windows, I even clean the window throughly before I drop the car to be tinted and the soap solution got the best of it. Should I wait a couple days more to see if it gets better or just bring it back to the shop and have them fix it?

Guest J.P.

Take it back to the shop and have them LOOK AT IT for you. They should be able to inform you as to what should be done. Do yourself a favor and listen to them without a biased opinion.

Guest powertints

Call the shop you had it done at if you are really concerned. Film not sticking to the glass would be something they would want to know about. Don't be an ass when you call, just tell them you are concerned about it. They will tell you to either bring it in or wait a few more days. Hope that helps. 8)

Guest TintEater

WNDOTINT????? Were you under a rock somewhere or something? Not that I'm a constant on the board but I haven't seen you in forever.

Guest thetintshop
The worst part is the water stain in my windows

what are you talking about? are you talking about the water spots that are etched into the glass? they were already on the car before you took it in and the tinter didn't do this, the tint just made it more visible. I hear this all the time and it's not anything to do with window tinting.

Guest Tint Guru

what are you talking about? are you talking about the water spots that are etched into the glass? they were already on the car before you took it in and the tinter didn't do this, the tint just made it more visible. I hear this all the time and it's not anything to do with window tinting.

He is right, water spots and scratches will be more visible. Water spots are caused by acid rain or hard water with a high content of Iron. The tint soulution is usually dish soap or baby shampoo which are neutral on the ph scale which means they are non acidic and not high in alkainity.

I found that when I'm done with the job, I scrub the out side of the glass with the white scrub pad and it takes alot of the "water spots" off the glass :lol

Also a good rule that I tell my customers is that water will go away (weather related) Air will stay forever :lol

Guest *o00o*

Its the water soup solution or whatever it is that make the glass cloudy. It fuzz up my side mirror vision. I cleaned the glass thoroughly from the outside and inside. So it must be between the tint. They over spray it and even stained my door panel like water stain. Is this normal? The guy told me it will dry up. Third days and counting...but I will wait till Friday or Saturday and see if it does dry up, if not I have a reason to bring it back and see what they say. They should not charge me to retint the window...right?

Archived