X Trail Rear Screen

Guest Tint Bob

Guest Tint Bob

Anybody had problems with the heated rearscreen not working on the X-Trail model?

In our quest for the perfect tint <smile> I think we have sometimes sanded the dot matrix down too far and damaged the screen.

We stopped being too aggressive with the wet & dry some 6 months ago (after I had to replace a rear screen ?450 /$700! ouch) but are starting to get calls saying "my heated rear screen is not working etc"

Be interested to hear anybody else view.

Tint Bob Sussex UK

Guest Tint Wiz

Hi Bob

I have a Nissan Dealer ship on my books and have done many XTRAILS and not had a problem yet but I dont sand that 4x4 rear window, just heat the dots down later, but I do sand some rear windows EG, saxo`s 106`s and had no come backs yet :shoot4:thumb

Guest H?perOptik

had a coupla problems arising from Nissan here as well, but not on the Xtrails... NO SANDING involved either.. seems the defogger lines are shorting out... yet to nail down the cause... but dont think its the films, most likely the glass mfg.. anyone out there has similar experiences? :broken

Guest Tint Bob

Thanks for your replys guys, would you believe it we did a New Toyota Rav 4 5 Door last week for a friend of mine and he now has 4 fogger lines not working.

We have NEVER had any problems with any Toyota's so the comment about poor glass might be true.

We had a Ssanyong Wrexton a few months ago with scratches on the glass cauased by our drying stand, this is made from very soft wood poles.

They must be using some really good quality glass for wood to mark it!

TintBob

Guest H?perOptik

I reckon its also related to the usage of the defoggers... some drivers just leave it on all the time and I dont think the lines are meant to be covered up when they were designed :drevil

Guest autotintplus

I dunno proper adhesion. That's a relative question and when I did my last 70 cars no one complained about proper adhesion. That's a painted surface. I'd charge an etra eighty bucks to do any extra work. Remove rear seats/deck for 3rd brake lite,etc.

I reckon its also related to the usage of the defoggers... some drivers just leave it on all the time and I dont think the lines are meant to be covered up when they were designed  :rollin

Huper,

I have never encountered a film associated problem with defoggers being left on.

Matter of fact, I encourage the usage of it by customers in winter to speed up the drying process on the rear screen.

Most defoggers are timed out in modern cars so that they don't draw to much battery power.

devil

Archived