SolarGard Silver 20

I have small commercial job coming up and usually I use SunGard Silver 15 which in my experience has performed well for me and been very easy to apply but I can get my hands on some SolarGard 20 for a really good deal so I thought I might use it instead. From a specification stand-point they perform very similar as far as Total Solar Energy rejected

My concerns are how well will it hold up?

How easy is it to apply compared to SunGard Silver 15?

Guest shadowline

Ive done about 4 res and commercial jobs with the Solar Gard silver 20, its a good film to work with and looks good when installed, if I can I will try to post a picture later :thumb

Guest shadowline

Solar Gard silver 20

rearfrenchdoors.jpg

baywindowsilver.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

Last picture shows the french doors and small window installed, the upper windows hadnt been at that stage, all customers seem happy with this film!

I believe it is PS but not sure. I will find out Monday but either way I think I will try it out. It should save me a little over half what it would normally cost me to do a job this size. Thanks for the input all :thumb

Guest windowpimp

I used the solar guard once in a pinch.. for a front door.. it sucked with the ps adhesive,, when your used to madico's adhesive.... but it looked good,,,,

I used the solar guard once in a pinch.. for a front door.. it sucked with the ps adhesive,, when your used to madico's adhesive.... but it looked good,,,,

What sucked? hard to apply? or what?

Guest windowpimp

Im used to and love llumar and madico films.... when I went to adjust the film. the adhesive had stuck.... never happens with the llumar or madico..... cant understand why people would consistently want to use ps on flat glass...

I really dislike the ps.. found that earlier on with some global flat glass, but I read, that they've got other adhesives now for their flat glass.

Archived