Computer Cut or Tint Tec

Jack

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mr3y1956

You need to learn the art of hand cutting. There could be times when a plotter SNAFU's and you'll be sitting there with several cars to do and no skills to do them.

Success in any business requires you to know your business inside and out. :thumb

yep what value said, cutting softwares don't always have everything and sometimes the pattern may not be to your liking so you need to learn how to cut & tint first. You can't always depend on your plotter. Learn the dry shrink method its a must at this day & age & learn to install. Get a few 40" rolls & burn it up ! again goodluck

computer cut . It has graet templates and you can do lettering on it. Very easy to use. :thumb

Except for the 170 bux a month they whack you one the.... for their software. I use them and love'em but c'mon 170 bux a month times a thousand cc dealers. Do they really need to make that much profit? I put them up with exxon and the other oil pimps

Want to hear some more comparison. I am really trying to get some money together to do this, dealers are begging for it. maybe if someone could share some first hand experience with the two brands, what you like, what you don't and how you paid for it.

Guest mattgribble09

Honestly Jack, I have been talking to sales reps on ComputerCut systems and it is definitely worth the money but I have to say that learning to hand cut is definitely a plus. Could you tint most vehicles with a computercut system?? definitely, Should you always rely on its compatability with the right measurements and sizing, NO. I have tried a few precut programs before through some buddies and some windows didn't necessarily fit right. Yea, you can adjust the size of the windows if you use Solargard's "COMPUTERCUT" but you still could always have issues. Depending on how new you are to the game, stick with hand cutting at first until you build yourself the skills for any car. Then, perhaps when you either hire someone else in or start to get dealership work I.e. you get really busy, purchasing a plotter and cutting system would do you well. As I have been working with signs for a while now, I would almost recommend purchasing a graphtec plotter and then using the solargard cutting system. So in my opinion, purchasing a plotter right away, unless used for vinyl graphics or ppf, should be held off for a while.

Archived