Peeling your liner

Guest OnTheDarkside

Guest OnTheDarkside

Goodday all,

Can anyone share with me the trick to peeling the liner with the olfa blade?

I learned with the "tape at the corner method". That gets old quick since its such a hastle.

Then I evolved to biting the corner, though I more often than not put a slight crease in the corner this way. Heck, if someone knows how to explain how not to crease it when peeling it with the ol teeth method I would be very appreciative as well.

Thank you in advance :thumb

Guest A&RCustomTinting

Use your teeth lightly gliding across film, make sure liner facing you (makes it easier) and lots of tongue action. When you feel the film separate slide your tongue between film and liner. Lots of practice with scrap pieces. Some film is harder to separate this way. Good Luck :thumb

Thats how I learned, never had any problems, but after reading this thread about tongue action, just think, Paper cut "Tint Cut" on your tongue! OUUUWWCCHHH!!! :thumb

Guest OnTheDarkside

K, ill have to practice a bit more. I got the gliding teeth part down, but thats where the film is getting creased too, sounds like Im not using enough "tongue action"....been saving that for the other stuff I guess :lol2

Can anyone describe how to do it with the olfa blade?

When the film is on your peeler, just ease the tip of your knife into the edge of the film, usually it takes a couple tries to get it in between the film and liner, but once you do, turn the blade a little, the sharp side toward the liner, enough liner will lift so that you can grab it. Hold the film to the glass with the blunt back side of the olfa and begin peeling the liner.

to be honest, this is still the hardest part for me - separating the liner from the film. so until now, I am still using the age old tape technique. its really an added cost and makes me feel stupid doing it.

the blade technique is really hard. I'ved tried it with 100% failure - stupid me. 0 success on this one.

as for the tongue and teeth, I don't like it in my mouth...

so in the end, I ended up with the tape. but I am still hopeful for the blade technique.

Archived