Has johnson window films gone "SunGard"?

Guest teamfutaba
Dry, how bad is Miami? Had the worst drive ever in palm beach, but I have people coming in it's crazy but I can't complain...

this time of year with school starting, the economy, gas through the roof it has to be slow. resi slowed a little, comm is still rolling and cars only fridays and saturdays is about 75% of what our average is for those 2 days.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teamfutaba
Dry, how bad is Miami? Had the worst drive ever in palm beach, but I have people coming in it's crazy but I can't complain...

this time of year with school starting, the economy, gas through the roof it has to be slow. resi slowed a little, comm is still rolling and cars only fridays and saturdays is about 75% of what our average is for those 2 days.

p.s.

all the years I have worked with johnsons ive had 1 warranty job and that was a back glass with vision plus. that includes resi/comm film. there about the only other manu that I buy from. if 3M dont make it, it's johnsons, if no johnsons then mad-ic-o.

Guest teamfutaba
Just curious.... What do you tell your customers when the film they selected is not available?

like the NV30 not being available. I have a condo waiting on some now. called the custy, explained the situation, custy said to let them know when its available. this is unique though. she went through 6 different samples in this price range and finally settled on nv. so she kinda put her self in this have no choice but to wait situation. anyone else I would have suggested a another film.

Just curious.... What do you tell your customers when the film they selected is not available?

See, this is a problem for me. It is very competitive in my area, I need a supplier that I can count on. Popular films on backorder or suddenly discontinued is not a good way to treat your dealers.

I like the price & product. No warranties since I started using the film 3 years ago, just defective film off the roll.

Service is touch & go.

Nice to get positive feedback on the products from others, though.

I don't want to see J go under, but some better service & support would keep me from looking elsewhere. They sure have been letting me down lately.

Guest lordofthetints

personally I don´t care for johnson film, not that I dont like it, its just that my main competition in the area, overprices it and always try to put my film down, since my store structure is simpler than theirs, sometimes people buy it. what´s even worse, they claim to use johnson, but I doubt that they do, bacause even the suppliers here overprice it.

if they are having problems, they should let their customer know it.

as fas as international orders making their supplies run out does make sense, because alot of the cheap asian film that´s sold around here has been locked, by costums at every harbor due to tax problems, at least that´s what i´ve been told. so with no where to go, people are turning other ways for film supply.

Archived