800's coming

As a new guy here I have a few questions....

Whats the deal with the "medals" and such I see on peoples posts?

Hovering cursor doesn't say what they are for.

I have noticed that some posts in the archives and elsewhere have or had pics that I can't see.

I'm putting out a suggestion that TD copies pics and hosts them as some people have missing pics from the bucket and other places in some of the older posts.

Without a pic trying to figure out stuff people are describing is like telling a blind guy what blue tastes like!

Sometimes I perceive a frustration with topics like " 'poo or Dawn whats better? " which, while asked and answered (probably weekly ) is legitimate concern to some who just want to get better at what they do.These types of questions probably bore the guys that have been here since the beginning. Maybe a Forum section called "Asked and Answered" that is only accessable after learning the secret handshake.......

Wear The Fox Hat and what does dat mean?

Old joke but a good clean one:

Prime Minister Jean Chretien was meeting with officials in Flin Flon, Manitoba. It was a very hot day and the ceremonies took place outside in a local grandstand. The Mayor was surprised to see that Chretien was wearing a large fox fur hat, despite the heat.

After a while the mayor leaned over and spoke up. "Excuse me, Mr. Prime Minister, but I can't help wondering why you are wearing that fox hat when it is so warm?"

Chretien shrugged. "Well, you know 'ow it is", he replied. "My wife, she is da dresser in da family, so I always take 'er advice.

If I go to de Maritime, she say 'Wear da toque'.

If I go to Calgaree, she say 'Wear da stetson'.

Dis time she ask me where I go; I say Flin Flon.

She say 'Flin Flon! Where da fox hat ??'

So I did!"

As a new guy here I have a few questions....

Whats the deal with the "medals" and such I see on peoples posts?

Hovering cursor doesn't say what they are for.

I have noticed that some posts in the archives and elsewhere have or had pics that I can't see.

What are the medals for?

We were using the board for uploading pics and there was a crash and we lost a lot of photos. We are using image hosting services like photobucket to post pics now.

Archived