Hand cut or machine.....??

Guest jakestint

Guest tdmillet
can cut out of the box faster and with less scrap than I have seen anyone cut with the filmhandler.

I don't know about auto, but there is no way you can cut with less scrap out of the box on large commercial jobs and I have used both methods for many years. With a film handler I cut most of my film a quarter inch longer then the window some situations I cut the film exact with no waste at all.

If you have a 2,000 window job and cut your film just an inch longer then the window you will have wasted over a roll and a half of film. The Film handler will pay for it's self in now time. :rollin

tell me how you cut a window 72x108 on your filmhandler with- in a 1/4 of an inch. NOT :cool

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dave Lewis
tell me how you cut a window 72x108 on your filmhandler with- in a 1/4 of an inch. NOT :gasp

Look at my portable base in the tips section.

I did this job in 2005 1,940 windows 53 x 94 all cut within ½ inch. I know because I cut every single piece of film myself.

53” or 72” width makes no difference if you know what you’re doing and I assure you, I do. :thumb

PNCBankBuildingBaltimoreCity.jpg

Guest GDK Electronics

I use a plotter, but that's because I have it and use it for so many other things. It's nice precutting tint, it's peel and stick. LOL

Guest jakestint

With me just starting back with tinting, And not having near as much experience as most here.......

I think Id be safer ( and accurate) with the plotter.

Thanks for the input... :notwrthy

Guest Dave Lewis
Holy crap! thats money!

How long did that take?

53,000 SF of R&R at night, luckily it was old P-19.

It took me 4 months Sept to Dec. All the while trying to do some residential during the day.

I used a couple of collage kids to remove film but they were pretty much useless and they didn't last too long.

I subbed 300 windows (install only) to a buddy towards the end, I was getting burned out.

The money was great but it liked to kill me by the end, althought I'd like to have another one like that about now. :beer

can cut out of the box faster and with less scrap than I have seen anyone cut with the filmhandler.

I don't know about auto, but there is no way you can cut with less scrap out of the box on large commercial jobs and I have used both methods for many years. With a film handler I cut most of my film a quarter inch longer then the window some situations I cut the film exact with no waste at all.

If you have a 2,000 window job and cut your film just an inch longer then the window you will have wasted over a roll and a half of film. The Film handler will pay for it's self in now time. :dunno

tell me how you cut a window 72x108 on your filmhandler with- in a 1/4 of an inch. NOT :dunno

load 72 inch roll

pull 60 inches and mark with tape on zero

handroll film back up to keep it off of the floor

pull 48 more inches

takes about 20 seconds...

Guest tdmillet

If you have a 2,000 window job and cut your film just an inch longer then the window you will have wasted over a roll and a half of film. The Film handler will pay for it's self in now time. :thumb

tell me how you cut a window 72x108 on your filmhandler with- in a 1/4 of an inch. NOT :dunno

load 72 inch roll

pull 60 inches and mark with tape on zero

handroll film back up to keep it off of the floor

pull 48 more inches

takes about 20 seconds...

takes me 2 to pull it out of the box.

Archived