Feedback on different Film

Guest Tint Guru

Guest Tint Guru

A am looking at distributing an alternitive film.

Currently I am selling Solar Gard. Very Happy :mrgreen:

I have carried Madico, the distrubtors undercut you left and right. I droped them this year

Llumar Same thing 10 years ago maybe will I try them again. EXPENSIVE

Sungard Same thing Hell they sold right to my biggest customer and cut me out. May all their defrosters have bubbled film

Johnson doesn't seem to be to interested and I hear thier service sux, never tried it.

Any good word on other films, good service, warranty, price and training?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop

try llumar again. I've tried alot of films and just about everything you said was correct. I don't use the died films, everyone's dyed stuff sucks. madicos lasted pretty well, and sg lasted a couple years, suntek lasted 3 months before going clear, and 3m went purple in about 6 months, and sungard lasted about a year. so I'm not into the dyed films AT ALL. I don't even consider them when looking at manufacturer's film lines. I had been using true grey and it held it's color very well. I'm now using llumastar and it is awesome.

I don't know what everybody's deal with llumar is with it being expensive. I don't think $300 for a 40" roll is high. may just be me.

Guest Tint Guru
try llumar again. I've tried alot of films and just about everything you said was correct. I don't use the died films, everyone's dyed stuff sucks. madicos lasted pretty well, and a well known film co. lasted a couple years, suntek lasted 3 months before going clear, and 3m went purple in about 6 months, and sungard lasted about a year. so I'm not into the dyed films AT ALL. I don't even consider them when looking at manufacturer's film lines. I had been using true grey and it held it's color very well. I'm now using llumastar and it is awesome.  

I don't know what everybody's deal with llumar is with it being expensive. I don't think $300 for a 40" roll is high. may just be me.

Cringes WOW that is expensive, But I do know it is good film. I primarily sell metalized 80% they do have great marketing and support and that is rolled into the cost.

Guest Tint Guru
suntek :lol

I talked to a guy named EDDIE today he is sending me samples of 5 and 20% 40 inch to test it out for heat shrinking.

Thanks for the lead :mrgreen:

Guest thetintshop
TTs, give a comparison of True Grey and Llumistar. The True grey I put on my van looks like day one after about 3 years, not too shabby.

basically, they are the same. they look similar, heat shrink the same, the cost is roughly the same, not many differences other than llumastar comes off the f*****g roll backwards. I have true grey on just about all my families rides, and like you said the stuff that's three years old looks like day one. it's a really good film. basically the only difference is I get to tell my customers that llumastar covers against color change. and that's basically why I switched.

Archived