Anybody ever break a window?

Guest Jmerz805

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had a custy with a driver side front rollup that wouldn't roll up or down(window motor out). she insisted that she wanted the car tinted! she wouldn't leave me alone, so I finally gave in. the window was already disconnected from the regulator,so I decided I can take it out of the door,tint it and set it right back in place. well, all was going good until I sat the window on the hood of the car to move some stuff around. then that's when the glass decided to take a slide down the hood and onto the floor-then it hit me-I will never attempt to do this ever again!

Broke few w/shields through the years, (not while tinting) but the one that I remember best is the back glass of an Intrepid.

While working for a dealership, I was pulling the old faded appliqués that were on the C pillars, the clip was stuck in the urethane, I snatched on it and POP, Crackle,crackle...

That sumbitch exploded... At the time it listed in NAGS for 3k. :rollin

Guest Jmerz805

Well, call me what you will, but I broke my first piece of glass after tinting for over a year, I never thought it would happen to me. I was taking off the Rear-view mirror on a brand new ('08) Mustang. This mirror has now screw, it's got some sort of clip at the base. So stupidly I go to pry at it with a screw driver and, CRACK!!! right down the middle. Luckily I was able to have the windshield replaced before the end of that day. I bit the bullet for a factory windshield at $440. OUCH!! :eyebrows

Anybody know of a special tool for these new Ford rear view mirrors?

Guest tint whisperer

Replaced two windshields due to breaking off rear view mirror. Replaced back glass on Sonota due to connectors breaking off. That's it in twenty one years.

Guest tintmanlibby

I broke the back window on a 1984 vette .the shock that is or was atached to the glass had no rubber around the shock and when I was taking it off kaboom

Guest filmslayer

I was doing a house with custy watching me push with blue max,he asked "ever brake window doing that " of course you know what happend right after I said no....Also a Lexus windshield puttinr reaview back on

Archived