Anybody ever break a window?

Guest Jmerz805

Guest FilmBlazer

I broke a HP low e window on an island which is an hour and 15 minutes drive.... Then two hours by ferry... They never called to have it filmed and never returned any calls... Then again I think they still owe half of the invoice.

:eyebrows

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmslayer

There's a co. named Somma Mecca that sell's tools for glass replacement shops,they will have all the special tool's for those hard to remove rearview's ...

Guest KEDman

Knock on wood, never broke a window in over 8 years of tinting, but have witnessed several breaks from other tinters. The lesson I have learned is remove as little as possible. Hard to remove review, work around it, not worth the risk.

Guest Dave Lewis

Back in the early 90's I broke a huge window about 25' high. We were working 12 hr nights hanging security film. The windows leaned out pretty far, about 2 or 3 in the morning I hit the wrong button on the lift and sent the basket through the bottom of the window. Scared the :rollin out of me. Cost the company $2,600 to replace the window.

Broke a pane on a flat glass install the other week.

The window was a tall narrow pane with probably 100 year old glass and great gaps in the putty.

Luckily I had noted the poor state of all the panes, edges and putty before starting and written a disclaimer that the client should fix all defects in the paint, edges, frames and putty before I started tinting. They had had glaziers in to do the repairs except they had missed this one pane which had no putty holding the bottom half of the glass so when I squeegied it just bent in the middle and snapped. Due to my disclaimer they accepted was not my fault and got it replaced immediately so I could finish the job.

Archived