Anybody ever break a window?

Guest Jmerz805

Ford Ranger windshield... Trying to remove the mirror.. that damn clip. I never remove them andy more I cut the film. I know I know.. looks like :rollin but much cheaper than replacing the glass. Only one I ever broke in ten years.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintmanlibby

1984 vette there were bad gasket's around the backwindow's shock's .after atempting to lossin the 2nd one boom .luckly it was for a friend but I still had to shop around and buy a new one at the cost of $400.00 buck :rollin

Guest tintmanlibby

oh I forgot two wek's ago I broke the back window on my race car try to take it out :dunno the bad part about it is I have a glass shop next door should have takin it to a pro :rollin

Guest maddtinter

10 years ago removed the windshield from a 24ft. Mirage(boat) was putting the frame together BAM it shattered.About 15 minutes later BAM broke the other side.Cost was $850.00 for both.The owner of the boat hooked me up with the boat manny for the glass at such a low price.Since then only a few windshields taking apart for the trim to be powder coated.Local boat dealer 2 years ago brought the glass to me out of frame,tinted it,they picked it up,then spent 2 days puttin the glass back in the frame.BOATS SUCK FOR TINTING!

In my first week of tint helper. I broke the driver side door glass on s430. I was trying to pull gasket out with the hook tool. Slipped and hit top of glass. Everybody looked at me like I was crazy. Thats the day I learned how to half peel. Now half peel just about every Benz that comes in. I think it cost bout $350 or so. Pretty much the tint job. Ill never forget that day, or lesson on half peeling. Its funny as I write this, I cant stop but to laugh. You live and learn.

Guest vincetints

I've broken three auto windows.

First was an old Bronco or Blazer. The girl's father had superglued the friggin' vent wings shut! I thought it was just the usual gasket sticking so I gave it a tap...

Second was a Taurus wagon. I was heating the crap out of the rear hatch, trying to get the crappy tint to stick to the dots. I guess the heat put too much strain on that curve and it exploded.

The worse was a few months ago. Porsche windshield. It cracked when I was putting the rearview back on. That was around $850.

Guest mattgribble09

I actually never broke a window however, I tinted a jeep wrangler (rear window, and two rear sides), pretty much a piece of cake to tint besides taking off the rear shocks. However when I finished the job, which was at the customers house, I put the shocks back on and just finger tightened them. Since the customer was only about a block from where I lived, I told him I would come back tomorrow to finish tightening them back down. Being the "smart" customer, I was writing the bill near the front of the car, and all of a sudden a huge smash came from the back, the customer had tried to "torque" the rear window shocks down and what a surprise, he smashed the windw all to hell. Luckily, the tint held a large center piece together but he still had a cut to the head and wrists!!!! Just goes to show you how ignorant customers get their payback. Oh yea he didn't blame me at all and I had my glass company order him a new rear glass, tinted this time!!! oh well, which came to over $600.00

Broke a quarter glass ok an extended cab F-250. Customer insisted on paying me to take them off. I was unscrewing the bolt and it must have got side ways cause it just shattered. I don't remember the exact price nut luckily it was pretty cheap.

Archived