Anybody ever break a window?

Guest Jmerz805

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

06 Vette rear windshield, 06 Mustang windshield, 03 Jetta rear windshield, 94 Dodge cargo van rear window, and 3 mini panes.

Oh, and when the new 350z's came out, I guess I put the wrong blade in my NT Cutter and etched 3 windows on that car...had to replace both quarters and was able to buff the rear winshield. At the time, those quarters were $400 a piece.

Guest oasisglatint

The only window I have personall broken, is a qtr window on an old skewl chevy truck. I was NEW, and my boss had me to remove the latch before tinting. My ding dong self, swung the vent open and stood on the outside, grabbed the hammer and tap tool and went at it. Just clipped the edge of the glass..... and bam. I thought I was gonna get fired.... my boss just laughed at me. DUH!!!

Now as an owner, I've replaced an s-10 windshield and an old arse 4 runner rear, due to employee mishaps.

I broke a side glass on an old Ford van in my second year of tinting. It was one of those framed glass windows that tilted out at the bottom, about 18"x18" square. I removed it but when reinstalling you have to tap the pin back in and CRACK. The film held it together, but the custy was a friend and went to a junkyard and got a replacement for near nothing. That was after he backed the van in my shop and forgot to close the big roof vent, which got mangled cause it was too tall for the garage entrance! I won't touch those old vans anymore! Oh and I did scratch the back glass ofa Montero Sport just after I got a new Olfa knife that was pre-loaded with regular and not stainless steel blades. I was good friends with the glass shop that replaced it so I tinted the owners car for nothing.

Archived