CrossFit

Does anyone here do CrossFit training? I started a couple months ago, a facility finally opened up in my area late last year.

I am trying to get a job as a FireFighter/EMT, and needed to improve my fitness level. I only get to train twice a week during the busy season, but dropped 15 pounds in 6 weeks. Going to a 5-6 day training schedule starting in September, want to be ready to pass the CPAT Fire Standards test first of the year.

If you like a challenging workout that is NOT routine, give CrossFit a try. It will make you cry. Or puke. Maybe even both.

:hump

Guest FIREMAN68

Good luck!!! it is a very tough training that you got to go threw trust me I know. Endurance is very important not just running when it comes to the physical part. Pay attention in class that will make the classroom test real easy. The state test well whatever book they give you read it minimum of three times and you will do fine. :rollin:thumb

I'm cross training too, surfing and 12 oz curls...

Beer-Server.jpg

:thumb

:rollin

TD, you so funny! THAT kind of crosstraining will get me in big trouble!!!

Thanks for the pep talk Fireman68! Do you still tint AND work for the FD? This is my dream job, wish I had gone after it sooner!

For those of you that don't know what crossfit is, I will share the wikipedia definition:

"CrossFit features varied workouts based on functional movement performed at high intensity.

Many CrossFit gyms use scoring and ranking systems, transforming workouts into sport.

CrossFit maintains that proficiency is required in each of 10 fitness domains: cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, agility, balance, coordination, and accuracy.[1] CrossFit uses free weights, kettlebells, gymnastics rings, pull-up bars and many calisthenics exercises. CrossFit may call on athletes to skip, run, row, climb ropes, jump up on boxes, flip giant tires, and carry odd objects. They can also squat and bounce medicine balls against walls."

The gym I train at is pretty big into Olympic Lifting, they add that to the training sessions after teaching proper foundation.

Was just curious to see if any of the other TD peeps like the training.

http://www.crossfit.com/

I hope 40 is not considered old. :twocents

Lifting weights is something I also enjoy, but getting away from a routine is kinda nice. You don't know what you are doing until you get there and see the board. The workout & warm up will take well under an hour, but are intense. No air conditioning, and many times you will train outside.

I've been out of shape for a while, working in the heat & sun drains all my energy to work out. I find this training method interesting & challenging, it motivates me to go in for punishment.

Archived