BG PLEASE HELP!!

Guest CheyenneTinter

Guest CheyenneTinter

Alright this is the deal. I'm new to window tint. I've got about 2 months under my belt. In general I'm getting the hang of it but right now I have a 95 dodge intrepid in my shop and this back glass is really kicking my AZZ!! It's such a contoured peice of glass that I don't know what to do. I've tried every method I can think of and different horizontal anchor points, either higher or lower. Every thing I try seems to fail. I'm burning through my tint and I just want to get this thing done and gone. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

It's amazing a month a ago a guy came to me with an 85 corvette with a much more contoured back glass and I was able to get that one done fairly easily but I hope this intrepid has spontaneously combusted by the time I get back into my tinting bay. lol.

oh man I remember those cars ever window on it needs to be shrunk, But best I can remember I use to do those in 2 piece s if they have defroster lines. Pick a line about half way down the glass. Shrink out the top half first then layout your next piece and shrink it make sure that both pieces overlap the line you picked in the middle.. once you have both pieces laid down trim your edges. Then make 1 cut across your middle line thru both pieces of film. This will allow you to hide your seam on the defrost line and if done right it will appear to be done in 1 pieces. also make sure you hang your top pices first then the bottom so you don't have water getting back under your bottom piece. this method works great on any car you are having trouble getting done in 1 piece.

almost 2 months...... but that may be taken care of soon. Depends on the wifes plans for me this weekend. I know I will have to clear out the storage unit. If I can keep enough room open in the garage, then I will be in good shape to start on it Sunday. According to the Fedex tracker, my package is on the truck for delivery today. As long as I get the rolls and squegees, I am planning on starting Sunday. BTW, Booms what grit did you say to get the matrix off with????? and do they cary that at Home Dumpo?

Yeah, it's not like it is an Eclipse........

That back window is almost as hard as an Eclipse...but not quite as difficult....

BTW, Booms what grit did you say to get the matrix off with????? and do they cary that at Home Dumpo?

1000....yes.... :twocents

Good I have a gift card for there. DoI use a block of just hand sand it?? I also understand the need for caution in the middle of the glass and at the bottom outside corners for the radio and defroster lines

I know it's 2 yrs after the fact but seriously you know the best way to tint that back glass is without fighting with it? Easy 1 piece shrink up to the black lines, vinyl the lines. Done and over with, looks good :twocents

Archived