windshield shrinking

Guest DustinJ

in essense too much heat can crack glass. normal heat shrinking with the heat gun moving and moving, you won't crack glass. just imagine in tropical coutries during summer how hot the glasses can be yet they do not crack. the key is just don't apply too much heat in one area and keep the gun moving and dont focus on one spot. let it cool then go back afterwards

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup I did the same thing, put some 50 on the ws in hopes that it would slow down the crack. The crack was caused by the mirror shacking from too much from the bass. :eyebrows I would never do it for a custy car too much liability. If its really for a show car then just shrink it like a back glass only difference is dont let any heat transfer through. When you feel it gets warm on the inside move to another spot.

:evilgrin ya sure the further cracking wasnt do to greater differences in temp from inside to outside?? .:dumbass your right its probally your incredible sound system!! :beach:

Sure wat ever maing. I'm gonna take a picture tomorrow and let you explain how the crack runs around my mirror mount. :beach

Guest filmslayer
OMG!!!

Are you guys serious, I'd think about learning a little more about the different types of glass B4 you touch anything else...

NEVER heard of lami glass "exploding", nor, have I ever heard so many people that are supposed to know how to tint, blow so muchbullshit out of theirass...

You guys need to get your learn on B4 you touch anyone elses vehicle... I mean seriously.... :eyebrows:

:rollin:rollin

Guest thatsnappyguy

im used to having dark tint. but wih my age, I got a lil smarter about it. not as dark, not goin for that look anymore. some say they dont do it b/c its !llegal, yet I bet thier cars are tinted beyond the legal limit. and if it wasnt !llegal, they would have alot more winshields tinted. 50% is perfect on the front glass. even 35% is very easy to see out of with no problem. granted some ppl live in very dark areas, but here when I am, very few places are like that and its a drive away from here. I would never suggest anything darker than 35% in my professional opinion for the fact that anyhting darker can be a lil dangerous to everyone on and off the road....granted location of driver.

Yup I did the same thing, put some 50 on the ws in hopes that it would slow down the crack. The crack was caused by the mirror shacking from too much from the bass. :eyebrows I would never do it for a custy car too much liability. If its really for a show car then just shrink it like a back glass only difference is dont let any heat transfer through. When you feel it gets warm on the inside move to another spot.

:rollin ya sure the further cracking wasnt do to greater differences in temp from inside to outside?? .:rollin your right its probally your incredible sound system!! :):

Sure wat ever maing. I'm gonna take a picture tomorrow and let you explain how the crack runs around my mirror mount. :)

Sunslayer can you tell me how the difference in temp cause a crack like that around my mirror mount :rollin:

408tinting006-1.jpg

Guest cartek
anything darker than 50 on a windshield is f'in crazy in my opinion.

I have driven a car with 35% on the WS for over a year. its not as bad as you would think.

50% is perfect tho.

Guest thatsnappyguy
The trick to windshield shrinking is use a lot of heat. Go slow and lots of heat.

lol. yea u do that! :eyebrows

im not making funn dd, I know u playin

Archived