windshield shrinking

Guest DustinJ

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy
Yup I did the same thing, put some 50 on the ws in hopes that it would slow down the crack. The crack was caused by the mirror shacking from too much from the bass. :rollin I would never do it for a custy car too much liability. If its really for a show car then just shrink it like a back glass only difference is dont let any heat transfer through. When you feel it gets warm on the inside move to another spot.

:rollin ya sure the further cracking wasnt do to greater differences in temp from inside to outside?? .:) your right its probally your incredible sound system!! :eyebrows:

Sure wat ever maing. I'm gonna take a picture tomorrow and let you explain how the crack runs around my mirror mount. :)

Sunslayer can you tell me how the difference in temp cause a crack like that around my mirror mount :rollin:

408tinting006-1.jpg

I have seen this b4. I never seen it happen, but im sure it occured when ur sterio was knockin

Yup I did the same thing, put some 50 on the ws in hopes that it would slow down the crack. The crack was caused by the mirror shacking from too much from the bass. :lol2 I would never do it for a custy car too much liability. If its really for a show car then just shrink it like a back glass only difference is dont let any heat transfer through. When you feel it gets warm on the inside move to another spot.

:beer ya sure the further cracking wasnt do to greater differences in temp from inside to outside?? .:lol2 your right its probally your incredible sound system!! :rollin:

Sure wat ever maing. I'm gonna take a picture tomorrow and let you explain how the crack runs around my mirror mount. :beer

Sunslayer can you tell me how the difference in temp cause a crack like that around my mirror mount :rollin:

408tinting006-1.jpg

I have seen this b4. I never seen it happen, but im sure it occured when ur sterio was knockin

Its them damn mirrors they have to much stuff in them. auto dimmer onstar that makes them so heavy.

Don't forget to apply with lots of water and if there's a finger that pops up, I just heat from the outside until it sticks down. No worries.

this is how I cracked my first windshield. maybe the real trick is not how to make fingers form inside.

408tinting006-1.jpg

I've actually cracked a windshield in that exact same way by heating up a spot around the mirror mount while doing a windshield strip. :rollin strange shiat can happen with glass. I've also pulled the mount and mirror with glass still attached completely out of a windshield by trying to remove the mirror :beer:beer

Guest tint phantom

I dont understand why ppl. want there show cars tinted so dark fans cant see the interier. like hiding it. whats the sense. I like seeing the whole car, not just the out side. :rollin

I have cracked on ws and it was mine, a lonnng time ago. the only reason it happend is b/c I I was applying heat to the outside to get a small crease out.

yup, I can relate to that... that's how I cracked mine :rollin

I never had a problem with shorts or any problems, and I honestly I dont hold back on the volume of water I use...ever.

if the wirings/harness are well insulated and bound, there' won't be problems of shorting. I also don't hold back the slip when spraying. just a quick note, you are not hosing slip or pouring in in the dash, so I don't think you'll encounter shorting circuits; however, its also good to note or have a waiver for the customer to sign for them to know that you are not responsible for any damage to wirings, etc... before you know it, the slip is already dry because the heat coming from the engine bay is transmitted through the firewall, hot enough to dry the slip, but not hot enough to be felt in the cabin.

I had 2 4runner doors lock on me and a tacoma factory cd player stop working.

Archived