Lost job

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintmanlibby
Had a lead for 18,000 sq feet. Anyway they would only put on V-14, I couldn't talk them into anything else. So I had to pass it on to a local Vista installer. What is so special about that line of film?

dude you should have made friend's with the local vista guy and bought film from him .on the other hand that is a prim exsample of people having exclusive right's to film's .but anyway's that suck ,at least you where honest and did'nt lie ,and just put some other film on .so you should feel good about yourself,(karma rule's it will come back to you )sorry about the loss

Guest FilmBlazer

Sorry to hear you lost a job like that! I doubt a Vista dealer would sell any film to any other dealer anyways. Not sure whats "special" about it other than its DR with a 15 year warranty. That is of course aside from the adhesive and manufacturer reputation.... My guess is the architect specified it so they stuck with it :rollin Good luck on the next one! :ditto

I was a vista dealer years ago-one of the first around here. Vista IMO is good film but no better than others out there.Vista just sounds better than say n1020 or solar bronze 20...etc. Its a gimmick name that allows you to charge more.And you better charge more cause it costs more.Doesnt out perform just costs more! :rollin

Guest vclimber
I was a vista dealer years ago-one of the first around here. Vista IMO is good film but no better than others out there.Vista just sounds better than say n1020 or solar bronze 20...etc. Its a gimmick name that allows you to charge more.And you better charge more cause it costs more.Doesnt out perform just costs more! :rollin

True V-14 is a 15% DR film and there are plenty others out there, but Vista Dealers do have access to their Spectra Select Films and Harmony metal/dye "aka ceramic" series plus a nice 35% & 50% Low E film. Some of that stuff is hard to find from other MFG's.

Guest tint whisperer

we work really hard with architects/designers etc. to get our product spec'd, and it is nice to see spec's sticking.

On the other hand, we do get specifiers to change to our product - but that's harder. Sorry you lost the job, but I hate losing jobs to someone who comes in after I've spent sometime months, getting a product in the library and spec'd. So I'm 50/50

I asked the guy I passed it on to if he need help to let me know. Someone told them that is what they have to put on, I tried to get them something else from Suntek or Llumar. Tried to tell them that Llumar is from the same company, didn't work. I asked the Vista dealer if I could buy the tint from him, but he said he couldn't sell it to anyone. He said he is bound from vista not to. Whatever! There are plenty of windows out there untinted.

Archived