Never seen one this faded!

Guest shadowline

Guest shadowline

Had a Mitsubushi Delica booked in today to be tinted. Car arrived opened up the unit doors, customer reversed into the unit. No worries. Im stood talking to the owner about what shade of tint he would like installed. Held a sample to the glass, then someting caught my eye. I checked the other windows then said to the owner that we may have a problem. "your car is already tinted" Hes like "no its not thats why ive bought it to you!" I then showed him contamination under the film that had been installed in the past. This film had gone TOTALLY clear! Ive had jobs to strip old cheap tint when thay have gone purple/ light brown but never clear! The price changed as I was now doing a stip and retint and he decided to leave the backglass as I could not say the heater elements would not be damaged. The job gave me a good sample of cheap faded tint to put on the wall. I have a line which starts with ok tint, then faded to purple, then light brown, and now totally clear. All samples from jobs that I have stripped in the past. The dot matrix has held up where it was covered but its totally clear everywhere else, I have not seen this film faded so bad in the past. Looks good on the wall to show the customer why not to use cheap film, and earned more money on the install :eyebrows

Guest lordofthetints

Unfortuantely I get to strip alot of those films off cars around here. it´s happened alot, me giving the custy a price then having to change it because I hadnt seen the old film. but in the end its kinda good because it makes ur job look better. :lock

Archived