back glass frankin or rev roll?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wanna know if my reverse roll is the same as ya'lls reverse roll. So tell me how 'you' do it!

1 - back glass and/or fg is shrunk outside with liner facing up (of course)

2 - peel one corner of liner and spray with slip until halfway

3 - put peeled liner back to wet film

4 - go the other end and repeat procedure 2 and 3

5 - roll film small enough not to crease (the liner should be inside the roll)

6 - peel the end of the roll about 5 cm to expose the film

7 - stick the film to the inside of the prep'ed and slip'ed back glass/fg taking note of the glass orientation

8 - unroll the film towards the other end while pulling back the liner and assisting the film to stick the glass

I think its better seen in picture than explaining it - http://www.tintdude.com/reverse.html. the only difference with mine is that I eliminated the step of having to transfer the shrunk film to a cutting board. I just do it where I did the shrinking. its much faster in my opinion.

Guest A&RCustomTinting
I can trip , fall, throw the film adhesive side down in the back seat, bump the headliner, and still manage to get a clean install during a 15 mph windstorm.

:rollin:rollin

Guest Mo Evo
I just wanna know if my reverse roll is the same as ya'lls reverse roll. So tell me how 'you' do it!

1 - back glass and/or fg is shrunk outside with liner facing up (of course)

2 - peel one corner of liner and spray with slip until halfway

3 - put peeled liner back to wet film

4 - go the other end and repeat procedure 2 and 3

5 - roll film small enough not to crease (the liner should be inside the roll)

6 - peel the end of the roll about 5 cm to expose the film

7 - stick the film to the inside of the prep'ed and slip'ed back glass/fg taking note of the glass orientation

8 - unroll the film towards the other end while pulling back the liner and assisting the film to stick the glass

I think its better seen in picture than explaining it - http://www.tintdude.com/reverse.html. the only difference with mine is that I eliminated the step of having to transfer the shrunk film to a cutting board. I just do it where I did the shrinking. its much faster in my opinion.

I do my reverse roll a bit differently. Shrink as normal on outside. Spray and wipe the tint as it sits on the back glass. Then spray and roll inward from the left side of the car. Line headliner at the top of the inside back glass with wide masking tape. Scrubbie with J&J/water solution, squeegee, wipe edges of matrix with paper towel, spray glass well. Remove liner of rolled up film about 10 or so inches, wet film, and fit to glass starting on the right side of the car (my left, as I'm sitting facing the back of the car), keep unrolling film on wet glass, (may have to wet as you go along) until the end. Position film on glass and squeegee. Never get dirt that way, since the film isn't exposed until it hits the glass.

Archived