What you get for $99

Guest tint phantom

Guest filmslayer
with your 16 yr exp, dont you think your skill counts for more?? :spit

Yes ,but Florida market does not allow for much more. We make our %'s off of volume,and we probably have more $99 tint shop's than any one!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
with your 16 yr exp, dont you think your skill counts for more?? :yoda

Yes ,but Florida market does not allow for much more. We make our %'s off of volume,and we probably have more $99 tint shop's than any one!

:spit you guys have it bad for sure, and its a growing theme for us here.

sometimes you have to charge what your market will bare, or you will find that you have priced yourself out of business. Sure, you can be the best guy in the area, and allot of people may prefer to bring their stuff to you, but in the end it is what the customer can afford. You have to do whatever it takes to draw more business from the other guy, and today it seems that price, more than ever, is the customers final decision on where to go, over who they may prefer or agree who's better.

Guest Bulldog

Here's some food for thought. I've been around the industry for awhile, seen this play out a few times over......

Location,location,location... A new location opens up in the 'burbs Gets premium $ for its work. The area is nice with mid to upper class clientele. Everybody is happy.

The location and burb will run a cycle. Homeowners who bought their houses new become homeowners that are the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th occupants. Cars that are in the area are no longer nice. More and more beaters. Area businesses become old, rundown....The success of the original shop spurs more shops...even ex employees. Bottom line, the area is not as nice as it once was and the $ is no longer around.

It never fails that once the price hits $99/car, people will bitch and moan all day long. The bottom line is to remember the conditions of your surroundings when you DID get good money for your work. If the conditions change, then MOVE to where the MONEY is!!!!!

This idea is simple. It works all across this great land of ours. There are some on this board that get $229 and up per car. (Yes, even in this economy).

You cannot blame the competition for driving down your earnings...only yourself for tolerating it....

Guest oasisglatint
Here's some food for thought. I've been around the industry for awhile, seen this play out a few times over......

Location,location,location...

It never fails that once the price hits $99/car, people will bitch and moan all day long.

There are some on this board that get $229 and up per car. (Yes, even in this economy).

You cannot blame the competition for driving down your earnings...only yourself for tolerating it....

Location.. YES, But also QUALITY,QUALITY,QUALITY.........SERVICE,SERVICE,SERVICE!!! Give people what they want, explain what they get with CHEAP PRICE!!! And charge what you deserve!!!! From what I'm reading here on these threads,......... you guys leave ALOT of money on the table. STAND ABOVE YOUR COMPETITION!!!!!!

We have done it for YEARS, it works, You just have to spend alittle more time explaining to custys the deal. Only in the beginning...... once they see, or get bit elsewhere, it becomes evident. We start about the $ above.... START!!

Value yourself, and your ART!!!!! :yoda:spit

Guest irishhanks2

well I cant say much on that we run a 110.00 tint special. compact or sudan( no wagons or suv's) and its plain, no warranty at all. Then I offer warranties 1year is 20. 5 year is 50. life time 60.00 works great for me if they just want tint no warranty I tint and don't worry about it. IN my area my clientel ether get there cars from buy here pay here... so most ant going to keep there car anyways or thats all they can afford. little for everyone I always say

It's like that in the flat glass end also. We have a clown here that will quote $2+less per square to steal jobs, then uses whatever crap he is buying this month on it. I have gone to look at at least 4 of his installs lately that he refuses to even go back and look at (most are about 1 year old). The film is hazy of completely broken down. I get the r&r and make sure to tell them to rell all their friends about the situation. They all pass on the word that he is a scumbag and we were good to them. I also love to rub it in a little that they should have gone with us in the first place. :gasp

Guest General Sun Shield
Well in the DC area u can get alot for $99. Thats the average price in my area and the shop I work at has been in business for 14 years and still going strong.

The DC areas average price is $99 !

I know the area pretty well , even outside DC like Rockville , Potomic , Tysons Corner etc...

From what I have seen the average price is $150-$180.

Potomic customers are picky also,,,$99 special on thier Benze or Bimmer? :gasp hmmm

Archived