Tinting a 2g eclipse b/g

So last night I tinted my friends 98 eclipse. I tried 3 times to one piece the back glass. I failed. Got close but failed. I was using carbon 18 suntek. I ended up two piecing it and it turned out good. But still I am super picky and will waste tint to try and get it right. Especially for a fellow dsmer. The thing that pissed me off was 2 year ago when I started I tinted an eclipse in one piece no creases. I was just starting tinting then too. GRRRR it made me mad.

Any one have any tips on doing those back windows. Oh and it was suntek hp 15 that I tinted on the eclipse years ago. I still see it around and it still looks good from afar. I need to go check it out again and see how the tint is holding up. Plus it would give me a chance to talk to her again (she is hot).

Oh Hi every one. I just found this forum, and I love all the knowledge here. And I have been tinting for 3 years now. I just started my own business 3 months ago.

Carbon on 98 Eclipse.. stop killing yourself..you need stretch and pull skills for that film.Solargard Supreme is thinner and color stable.....lock down sides and practice lift and pull or you will lose you mind dude.Supreme in my opinion is the most puck resistant film for the buck..... or if you get your hands on some LuLU AT or ARC your good.

Nice to see a fellow dsmer on this board! There are several different methods for shrinking the back glass on a 2g. My fav. is the soap shrink, but on those really compounded curves I will flash the big areas at the bottom and top just to kinda get the film starting to form. Then I start in the middle, and work my way up and out.

Are you a tuners or talk guy? TSIAWDTalon on tuners.

Guest exclusive1

D_Moss walk away from the car when that happens to ya, there is no sence in wasting film once you get to that too frustrated point. go have a soda or something clear the noodle and go back and give that back glass hell. remember your & fundamentals go slow. that happens to all of us from time to time, for me its the 93-01 camero back glass, use to beable to do all day long, now they give me havic, Dunno.

Make sure your H is pretty high on that back glass that will shift some of the shrink to the bottom where its easier. good luck :beer

there are 3 types of back glass on the 2g eclipse. 2 large ones and a smaller one. and 1 of the large ones has an extra tab on the upper right. the smaller one is pretty easy, its the large ones that are more difficult. I make my anchor line very high and leave 2 fingers on the sides, about 2-3 inches long. you can just heat them out after install. shrink the bottom like you would a camaro and youre good to go.

you can tell the difference from the window by the top. the large ones curve on the top corners. on the small one the top corners go to a point. if you get the small one you got lucky

Guest Mo Evo
Nice to see a fellow dsmer on this board! There are several different methods for shrinking the back glass on a 2g. My fav. is the soap shrink, but on those really compounded curves I will flash the big areas at the bottom and top just to kinda get the film starting to form. Then I start in the middle, and work my way up and out.

Are you a tuners or talk guy? TSIAWDTalon on tuners.

I usually did those in 1, and don't think it wasn't difficult when using Madico's old Onyx line! 4G63? I have a modified one under the hood of my 05 Evo MR. Previously owned more 4G63's in a '90 Eclipse GSX, '96 Eclipse GSX. Great engine, great mileage. FUN car that Evo! Also had a 2000 V-6 GT Eclipse. Yep I was a DSM'er before I bowed to the Evo God!

I guess I suck. I tried everything. Dry shrunk with snuggle. Then wet. I shunk most of it then pulled it up and started over moving the fingers around. Only thing I changed was the film from suntek hp 15 to carbon 18. I stretched it and made anchor line near the top. I also wondered if the glass was different. From a 95 rs to a 98 gsx. IDK here is how it turned out.

He is a good friend and he got the car for a steal 5500 103k and stone stock till he put an hks bov on it :rolls eyes: First mod.

CIMG0741.jpg

CIMG0740.jpg

CIMG0738.jpg

CIMG0743.jpg

I am a tuners guy

danyz250f on dsmtuners, d_moss on dsmlink forums.

Did you bust his azz on the bov, or is it recirculated? My next mods will be a GM 3" maft + DSMlink. Cannot wait untill Christmas. Trying to see how fast I can go on a 14b. So far I have hit 12.99 after the ACT 2600.

Archived