another version of tint removal w/ nh3 and garbage bag

hi,

I was just trying to remove a back glass film when its raining mad in out area. unfortunately I do not have flood lamps to heat the back glass while ammonia is on the film w/ trash bag.

the proceedure is as follows similar to the trashbag technique, but w/o the sun. the sun is replaced by a hot towel. a hot towel is safer than using a blower or heat gun because it might break the back glass. another variation of this is also wiping with hot water the inner surface of the back glass before spraying nh3 (ammonia). also, ammonia spray bottle may also be dipped in warm water to heat up the liquid before spraying.

it works perfectly w/ only a few adhesive left. the only hassle here is having a warm water ready for towel dipping.

hope this helps

Guest Jmerz805

What would happen if you microwave the amonia before spraying it on the film?

There's a thread here somewhere about using a propane torch to heat the outside of the back glass. Sounds like it works but a bit too risky.

What would happen if you microwave the amonia before spraying it on the film?

There's a thread here somewhere about using a propane torch to heat the outside of the back glass. Sounds like it works but a bit too risky.

heating nh3... well, I'd rather place the spray bottle with nh3 inside on a hot water rather than place it in a microwave. much safer I think.

way toooo risky. if a heat gun on the outside can crack a glass, what more would a torch do? I cracked an fg with a heat gun outside while trying to pusha stuborn finger... that was before when I was a d*mb*ss tinter still

Yep! He took the words outta my mouth. Heater wide open and defroster on is what I do in winter. Works great!

watch the exhaust though.(umm do it outside!) O and some Tinters heat shrink back windows with torches. One of Madico's reps showed me the photos from a tint off! INSANE I Say. Try degreaser for removing the glue. But be careful- Next time Im jacuzzi in the I'll towel the try.

Yep! He took the words outta my mouth. Heater wide open and defroster on is what I do in winter. Works great!

watch the exhaust though.(umm do it outside!) O and some Tinters heat shrink back windows with torches. One of Madico's reps showed me the photos from a tint off! INSANE I Say. Try degreaser for removing the glue. But be careful- Next time Im jacuzzi in the I'll towel the try.

I agreee with the heater, but some localities have car versions that do not have heater. they only have a/c specially in tropical countries.

ive never heard of that! Considering the heater runs off the engines cooling sytem it is ''free'' to adda heater.

Also, it is required by law to have a way to defrost the windshield(SAFETY!) must be a POS vehicle.

no you've heard of one... :P most of the cars here in my country don't have a heater actually.

Guest maddtinter

Use a steamer.Never have broken glass with it.Its only going to work if you pay attention to what you are doing.I paid $200.00 for my steamer over 7 years ago.It has saved alot time and waiting for Mr Sun to be there or not.This tool is a must in the shop.I have probably made over 20k removing film with it since I bought it.

Archived