$90,000

Guest mattgribble09

Guest mattgribble09

I am applying for a small business loan through several vendors. I would like to setup a nice tinting/graphic/sign shop with all of what I need right away. Do you think that a $90,000 loan would even be enough to buy all supplies and materials to start. Yes, I know that film itself does not cost an immense amount, however take into consideration all of the small things most people forget about. I will have another $20,000 to help the business out personally as well, and am receiving help from a partner too.

This is what I would like to start out with.

Rent-Found a nice shop with a huge showroom and waiting area with enough space to fit about 10 vehicles in back. $1300.00/month

Shop Vehicle-find a nice used vehicle for mobile purposes??????

Computer, desks, chairs, office supplies, tv's for promotional and customer use, printer, fax machine

Window Film-I would like to stock appx four vendors most likely Suntek, Llumar, Global, and Solar Gard and have two of each percentage of film in stock

Plotter and Cutting Program- Use plotter for both window film and vinyl cutter, possibly purchase llumars or tintek

Tools-Have a variety of tools for any use, signs, tinting, graphics, vehicle wraps, paint protection, taillight/headlight protection/tinting most likely through 44tools.com

Heatguns, squeegues, papertowels, spray bottles, extension cords, lights, tape, glues, mechanical tools, etc.

What other hidden expenses are there and I guess back to the first question do you think that around $90,000 plus my $20,000 is a reasonable amount to pursue?? My partner would also like to get into auto/residential glass too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest exclusive1

Thats a huge investment! keep in mind the whole way that wallets are tight right know, all over the country. I would revise a good chunk of that capitol towards advertising so you'll Start having some reveune. All the stuff you need for the shop will come, I would keep it at minimum off the start.

Good luck! happy tinting

I see you are 20 years old, any experience installing tint/graphics? How old is your partner, I would be a little nervous loaning somone that kinda cash at the age of 20. Not sayin you arent up to the challenge, but most 20 year olds are planning their next beer purchase, not opening a shop.

Guest mikentx

Don't forget to look into General Liability insurance. Most people around here require a $1,000,000.00 umbrella policy before you set foot on the premises.

Good Luck,

Mike

Guest mattgribble09

Actually, I started out working with a 40year old veteran in a sign shop when I was thirteen years old and worked there until currently. I opened up my own shop, only one bay, but have been very successful already. My name, for having only been out for such a short time, has gotten all around several counties. I have established contracts with 12 glass companies, 2 dealerships, and several body shops. I also have an established EIN number and identification with 1 part time employee. I have been tinting since I was sixteen and have learned the ropes through experience and help. So yes, I would say I am experienced enough to run a business as I am already doing so. The reason for starting a larger shop is I have ideas I would like to fulfill just not around my area. Answer your question?? I actually have people offering to buy plotters and equipment for me to run it out of their business (other sign shops, etc.) because of the work I have achieved however, the money is not working for someone else in this world nor it is not what I want.

Guest mattgribble09

Mid-Michigan, but am looking to move down to Outer-Detroit Area and establish there first closer to home, and then set up some more shops out west and south

Guest cartek

I opened up shop at 20. you can do it, it can be done. I dont see where you are going to spend 100k personally tho...

on a second note, I hope you have some collateral to get that 90k loan. because they are most likely not going to give you a pack of cigarettes on credit at 20yo with a business loan. my credit score when I tried was like 745 and that wasnt bad for a 20 yo and the loan agent basically told me to put it all on credit cards...I got creative instead :tantrum

Archived