$90,000

Guest mattgribble09

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see you are 20 years old, any experience installing tint/graphics? How old is your partner, I would be a little nervous loaning somone that kinda cash at the age of 20. Not sayin you arent up to the challenge, but most 20 year olds are planning their next beer purchase, not opening a shop.

I started 8 years ago with about 10g's , worth every penny spent ! Now starting to pay off :tantrum

Thats a huge investment! keep in mind the whole way that wallets are tight right know, all over the country. I would revise a good chunk of that capitol towards advertising so you'll Start having some reveune. All the stuff you need for the shop will come, I would keep it at minimum off the start.

Good luck! happy tinting

:tantrum

Guest filmslayer

I opened mine last Oct. with 10,000 ,but I don't do vinyl and hand cut film...Hind sight, I wish I would have waited this is the worst year I've seen for tinting...

wait it out until at least next spring. im sure michigan isnt any different than iowa as for the cold weather, ect. no matter how big of city you are in, youre mostly likely going to have problems staying busy in the cold months especially with the economy like it is. and when that happens, wheres the money going to come from to keep up on the payback of the loan? you said you were already in business, ect ect. stay that way for a while and gradually work your way up to what youre talking about. no need to throw around that kind of money on something that youre not 110% sure is going to pay itself back without falling behind. just my 2 cents.

Guest Key West

Like the guys said, I'd wait til next year. Unless you can personally tint. I started 30+ years ago with 3 rolls of film and some flyers. It can be done. But every school of business says you need to have enough capital to float you for at least a year without taking in a penny. Thats good advise.

Best of luck!

Mid-Michigan, but am looking to move down to Outer-Detroit Area and establish there first closer to home, and then set up some more shops out west and south

Mid Michigan? What dealers are you working with? I know a few people in that area. You in Saginaw? Whats the name of your shop?

Archived