$90,000

Guest mattgribble09

Guest tint phantom
Not sure what part of the states your in but business is bad here in florida. No cars selling .

your right with that. besides the tropical storm, school just started, high priced gas, im looking at 3-4 weeks of slow down, way down. dont know how much longer I can stay afloat. :spit:tantrum:lol2:spit

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mid-Michigan, but am looking to move down to Outer-Detroit Area and establish there first closer to home, and then set up some more shops out west and south

You want to move to outside Detroit to be closer to home? Where is home? What's your name? I'm outer Detroit. And I've been to the trip cities area ... Never heard of you though... But if you've been in mi a while, why aren't you waiting until early spring to make this huge investment? 90k is a ton o money. Good luck though!!!

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I started my own shop at 24 with only enough to get insurance, rent, phone and utilities. I had 4 different shades in 40" rolls. I wish I wouldv'e gotten a loan because that first winter killed my credit. I made alot my first summer, but spent alot too. When the slower months came I couldn't pay all my bills and jacked my credit up majorly. Now 5 years later I'm still trying to repair that credit. I think 20-30k would be more than sufficient, and maybe an extra 10k to put in the bank just in case times get rough. 90k sounds nice but is alot to pay back.

So by the way it sounds like, take what capital I have now and just invest it into the business and grow as money and assets grow??

isnt that what everyone is telling you to do kid? I think so! go to college kid ... take some classes on business management and all that good stuff.

and not to mention ... I just noticed you posted something on august 22nd about being slow in the north, ect, in the winter time ... and now youre talking about how well known you are and wanting to throw all this money around .... I think youre fooling yourself more than anyone kid.

Dreams are great to have, but, for now, save them for when you are sleeping. Keep working your shop hard and re-invest what profits you can into growing. Slow but sure will win the race. If you take out $90k to try and grow really fast, you will have a large payment each month. When it comes due, and business slows greatly, as it has recently, you take a great risk of losing everything for a dream. This happens to so many businesses every month. If the climate was better, then I would say take the risk. But in todays financial atmosphere, with the near future looking at a drop still, hold the line. Save your money, and invest as the you have it.

Guest mattgribble09

Actually I have already graduated from a technical school and I feel like that I have the knowledge to pursue and make a consistent business. Yes, I am thinking about moving down south, however I just figured that starting up here would be a good idea at first. If you really want something badly enough it will happen, everything is a dream at first, but its putting that dream into a reality that makes one person stand above the rest. I feel like I do have the knowledge and integrity to pursue this so say what you want but I think I can make it work.

Archived